• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is 'Movie Tavern' posted?

denwego

I've been to the one in Humble, which is slightly to the northeast of Houston, and I didn't see any signs posted at that time (about four months ago). Did we find out a problem with the parents company or somesuch?

simmonsjoe

I was kicked out of one in VA for OC

When I heard they were based in TX, I thought a good way to know their gun policy was to ask here, as in TX they would have to post in accordance with 30.06

I have sent a e-mail, and will be calling corporate offices on Monday.

I was searching, and found Movie Tavern was discussed on some of the texaschlforums and everyone says they are not posted. (the ones with bars are 51%ers though)

denwego

Aye, I've never heard of any trouble with them here so far. I hadn't considered that any of them would have 51% signs, but the one in Humble might be an outlier (Alamo Drafthouse is a famous Texan movie/bar/restaurant chain, and I know almost all of them are 51% places). It sounds like it's a Virginian location's manager pulling it out of the air.

Quick edit addendum - all the locations around Houston hold a FB subcertificate, so they can't be 51% by law.

Last edited:

rodbender

Aye, I've never heard of any trouble with them here so far. I hadn't considered that any of them would have 51% signs, but the one in Humble might be an outlier (Alamo Drafthouse is a famous Texan movie/bar/restaurant chain, and I know almost all of them are 51% places). It sounds like it's a Virginian location's manager pulling it out of the air.

Quick edit addendum - all the locations around Houston hold a FB subcertificate, so they can't be 51% by law.

I've never seen a 51% sign or a 30.06 sign at any Alamo Drafthouse in the Austin area.

rodbender

When I heard they were based in TX, I thought a good way to know their gun policy was to ask here, as in TX they would have to post in accordance with 30.06

I have sent a e-mail, and will be calling corporate offices on Monday.

I was searching, and found Movie Tavern was discussed on some of the texaschlforums and everyone says they are not posted. (the ones with bars are 51%ers though)

If you haven't called corporate yet, please don't. Probably best to let the sleeping dog lie.