Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am in Vegas!

I am in Vegas!

http://twitpic.com/2a923n

OCing in Vegas with no problems thus far....except for this incident...I am not involved.

http://twitpic.com/2a8zkn

View from the hotel...

http://twitpic.com/2a8yvo
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Welcome to Vegas!!!

Thanks...

Thank you for the welcome, and thanks to Sabatoge70 for giving me the educational tour, ins and outs.

Vegas!

Once you get a little taste of freedom you will soon be moving from the PRK as I did!!!! It has to feel weird not having to google where schools are and more importantly you can have a LOADED gun! Imagine that!

Glad you are here, now to get you to a respectable hotel, the Excalibur just doesn't live up to my standards. I'm taking bets on when they will implode it.

Have a great time in our city and spend lots of money.

Keep us posted of your adventures.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Pics or it didn't happen, right?

Officers Orin and Ryan at Gigi's Cupcakes...

Last edited by OPS MARINE; 08-01-2010 at 12:19 AM.

You guys are both smiling, so I take it the encounter went good?

Details?
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post

Details?
    Actually, if you look closely at the first shot, he isn't smiling, and the cop is moving his arm off the car.......

"Buddy, get that elbow off my ride!"

Then in the second photo, they are smiling.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"Partners with the Community"

Fits this photo perfectly.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

Those are wonderful pictures. There is so much meaning there. Let freedom ring! You should have those framed. And I think those of us who live here should try to get more pictures like that, and get them up on the web in lots of forums and places where the public will see them. It's a great image building idea for us!
    Last edited by VegasGeorge; 07-31-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Details?
    The details are as follows: I saw them at Gigi's and went in about 2 minutes after them. They turned and saw me because the cashier thought I was with them. They greeted me with a warm hello and we talked a little bit about "stuff." I asked if I could take pictures with them for my blog and they agreed. At no time did they speak about the weapon except to ask what it was. I told them. They thought it was cool. They never told the cashier I wasn't with them. We all left together, took the photos and parted ways with handshakes.

I will be taking more photos and posting them so you guys can see. Thanks once again for being so supportive.

Have a great time in our city and spend lots of money.

Keep us posted of your adventures.
    I am doing so...possibly too much.

28kfps
    I agree Excalibur standard rooms are nothing more than a tall, large motel 6. OPS Marine I am assuming you are carrying concealed or locked and secured going to and from the room? You are showing a new tourist attraction for Las Vegas. May be some of the hotels will start a gun friendly stay package.

I had a bad situation at the Bellagio. A Security Guard confronted me with a whole lot of attitude, while I was speaking to a Security Supervisor. I told him I would knock him the eff out if he took another step toward me. The Security Manager, Durand, stepped in and forced the officer away and he and his supervisory staff apologized to me. They offered concessions, but I told them it wouldn't be necessary, as I had the photos I needed and would be leaving within ten minutes. I had a pleasant conversation with them and left. I was told that the officer would be dealt with immediately.

As far as a BMWAG, I spoke to some other Metro Officers tonight, and will do so more in the next few days. They allowed me to take photos of their car, which I will post here. LVMPD has shown me nothing but love and commendations are on the way to them.

OC'd up one side of the strip and back (same side) with no ill effects. Got some eyeballs, ran into OCers from AZ and had a short conversation. I still need to post the pic of my meet and greet with Metro tonight...all good, as they say. Perhaps tomorrow evening, I will have more to say about Metro and my general happiness with this visit, presuming nothing changes. I also OC'd in North Las Vegas, where it is said to be prohibidado. Nothing happened, thankfully.

"prohibidado"

You're very bold, and that is awesome. I guess to OC in Cali you have to have some balls to begin with. Glad your stay has been pleasant, perhaps you can bring your stories back to CA and watch the poor guys drool.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

I OC in NLV all the time. As far as I am concerned the law is null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Glad you are here, now to get you to a respectable hotel, the Excalibur just doesn't live up to my standards. I'm taking bets on when they will implode it.
    It's one of the free ones, so I couldn't be that picky...it gets the job done...I've been to several of the Strip hotels over the years and this is my second time at the Excalibur. I'm getting really good pics from the 24th floor, Tower II.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    I agree Excalibur standard rooms are nothing more than a tall, large motel 6. OPS Marine I am assuming you are carrying concealed or locked and secured going to and from the room? You are showing a new tourist attraction for Las Vegas. May be some of the hotels will start a gun friendly stay package.
    Although I met and respect the desk sergeant (also a Marine) here, I am carrying concealed to and fro in order to avoid checking it. She is a potential lifeline and not to leave my side...ICE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    I OC in NLV all the time. As far as I am concerned the law is null and void.
    Is that a fact? I did it rather quickly, as we were going into a few houses, visiting...I never made contact with the NLVPD I saw in the area though. Nor did they contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by flagellum View Post
    "prohibidado"

You're very bold, and that is awesome. I guess to OC in Cali you have to have some balls to begin with. Glad your stay has been pleasant, perhaps you can bring your stories back to CA and watch the poor guys drool.
    Stories and pics...or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OPS MARINE View Post
    Stories and pics...or it didn't happen.
    Only pic I have of NLV, trash pick-up in march-ish. Trash pick-up was good, lots of turned heads from motorists, several officers saw us and nobody gave us any issues. (Not exactly the best pic we have taken, but hey we were there)

I've solo OC'ed a few times up in NLV around Craig and LV Blvd, close to Nellis AFB. Gone to Walmart, Farmer Boys, Tereyaki Madness, Roberto's tacos and some gas stations. Looks here and there, a couple questions like, "Are you law enforcement?" etc. Have not yet run into a LEO while carrying solo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ocnlv.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	3449  
    Last edited by flagellum; 08-01-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

And inside Starbucks...

Quote Originally Posted by VFORVENDETTA View Post
    Are you ready to move to NV permanantly?
    Yes. I sent Dana White a message about a job on his protection detail, and I plan to go by Zuffa on Sahara and see if I can drop off a resume'. If not, I can fax and snail mail it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast