• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am in Vegas!

OPS MARINE

Glad you are here, now to get you to a respectable hotel, the Excalibur just doesn't live up to my standards. I'm taking bets on when they will implode it.
It's one of the free ones, so I couldn't be that picky...it gets the job done...I've been to several of the Strip hotels over the years and this is my second time at the Excalibur. I'm getting really good pics from the 24th floor, Tower II.

OPS MARINE

I agree Excalibur standard rooms are nothing more than a tall, large motel 6. OPS Marine I am assuming you are carrying concealed or locked and secured going to and from the room? You are showing a new tourist attraction for Las Vegas. May be some of the hotels will start a gun friendly stay package.

Although I met and respect the desk sergeant (also a Marine) here, I am carrying concealed to and fro in order to avoid checking it. She is a potential lifeline and not to leave my side...ICE.

OPS MARINE

"prohibidado" :D

You're very bold, and that is awesome. I guess to OC in Cali you have to have some balls to begin with. Glad your stay has been pleasant, perhaps you can bring your stories back to CA and watch the poor guys drool. :p

Stories and pics...or it didn't happen.

flagellum

Stories and pics...or it didn't happen.

Only pic I have of NLV, trash pick-up in march-ish. Trash pick-up was good, lots of turned heads from motorists, several officers saw us and nobody gave us any issues. (Not exactly the best pic we have taken, but hey we were there)

I've solo OC'ed a few times up in NLV around Craig and LV Blvd, close to Nellis AFB. Gone to Walmart, Farmer Boys, Tereyaki Madness, Roberto's tacos and some gas stations. Looks here and there, a couple questions like, "Are you law enforcement?" etc. Have not yet run into a LEO while carrying solo.

Attachments

• ocnlv.jpg
    ocnlv.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

OPS MARINE

CIMG1344.jpg

And inside Starbucks...

CIMG1345.jpg

OPS MARINE

Nevada Carrier invited me to come see him at his place of business, and I did. The staff was kind and led me to him. He was busy, but greeted me warmly, looked me right in the eye. My itinerary was pressed and I had to go, but it was very nice to have met him. As of the time of this post, I do not have any further LE photos, but got alot of other good stuff.

OPS MARINE

National Night Out

Aaargh! Just got the tweet from City of Las Vegas...tonight is National Night Out, and I'm missing it! I'm back in California. Sadness.