• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most Free State to move to?

wolffe

Eventually I want to move to the United States and I've personally been to Texas dozens of times as well as Minnesota but that's about it.

Whats your guys` opinions on the most free'est and OC friendly state?

I've been looking at Montana.

Since I live right above Montana, basically the same praire/mountain landscape which I love.
Extremely low population considering how big the state is too.
In my experience, with no general vigilance the lower the population the more Freedom.

Texas is cool but it is far too south for me & I'm a 100% northerner and don't fit too terribly well with Southerners although I do respect & admire their way of life.

Anyone know anything more about Montana that people looking to move there should be aware of that they can't get off google? Is is true they have no speed limits?

jsimmons

Despite how free a given state appears to be, you will stiff have to deal with LEOs that either aren't savvy or not interested in what the law actually is.

BTW, Texas ain't free because we still can't open-carry down here, and that's not likely to change until 2013 at the very earliest. The legislature only meets every other year, and from what I gather, open-carry isn't even on the docket for 2011.

Mudjack

Banned
Arizona

Arizona gets my vote for the freest state to move to. Yes, even in spite of their recent kick to the ribs by the Fed on the immigration law and the fact that they are overrun with criminal Mestizo trespassing hordes--they are still the freest.

Forget about New Hampshire and the Free State Project. They are hi-jacked and headed in the wrong direction.

stainless1911

Banned
Kentucky
Arizona
Alaska
Vermont

Kentucky would be the best all around I think. The place is beautiful, not too hot not too cold, the people in general have their feet on the ground, and the laws are good relating to guns.

rodbender

Arizona gets my vote. Open carry has never been banned there, so LEO's are pretty hip and OK with it. I love the fact that they have the stones to buck the feds, too. It will probably be the first to secede, if any of them do.

flagellum

Arizona gets my vote for the freest state to move to. Yes, even in spite of their recent kick to the ribs by the Fed on the immigration law and the fact that they are overrun with criminal Mestizo trespassing hordes--they are still the freest.
Xenophobic much?

Forget about New Hampshire and the Free State Project. They are hi-jacked and headed in the wrong direction.

Explain Please?

Gunslinger

75MPH speed limits here, too. Concealed carry in cars legal everywhere in the state; OC legal everywhere except Denver County. Shall issue, great weather--no humidity, and the Colorado Springs area is staunchly conservative with a county sheriff who sends you a personal letter when you get your CCW thanking you for taking steps to protect your family. Once we kick some of the liberal assholes from Denver/Boulder out this November, will be a strong red state again. MT, ID, WY and CO are the best states in the country, imo, and I've lived in lots of places from CA to MA, NH to TX.

Half Live

75MPH speed limits here, too. Concealed carry in cars legal everywhere in the state; OC legal everywhere except Denver County. Shall issue, great weather--no humidity, and the Colorado Springs area is staunchly conservative with a county sheriff who sends you a personal letter when you get your CCW thanking you for taking steps to protect your family. Once we kick some of the liberal assholes from Denver/Boulder out this November, will be a strong red state again. MT, ID, WY and CO are the best states in the country, imo, and I've lived in lots of places from CA to MA, NH to TX.

Man I love Colorado.

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
Definitely Alaska! No state gun laws and a preemption clause. More importantly, the attitude in general is one of minding your own business and letting the other guy mind his. Not saying there aren't any busybodies, but in general busybody-ness is not institutionalized.

TatankaGap

South Dakota!

Rated 3rd most free state in a recent study, great respect for privacy, RKBA and also has the 4th most healthy state economy right now - happy neighbor to Wyoming - have the SD Firearms Freedom Act - last state in the Union to allow Tommy Guns to be sold -

Ian

Lone Star Veteran

I gotta agree with you on that one. I lived in Texas my whole life and moved up here a little more than a year ago. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else!