• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most Free State to move to?

Thoreau

Arizona gets my vote. Open carry has never been banned there, so LEO's are pretty hip and OK with it. I love the fact that they have the stones to buck the feds, too. It will probably be the first to secede, if any of them do.

I can only hope =)

In all fairness, we get some of our ideas from other places. The whole thing about guns made/sold/kept within the state being exempt from federal regulation thing was started by Montana, for example. Permit-less concealed carry certainly got some influence from Vermont and Alaska. I'm not sure where the illegal immigration thing truly spawned, although I think we did do a damn fine job of putting it center stage on the plate of national affairs =)

Unfortunately we slack in the realm of quality education and fiscal responsibility. We're working on fixing that though...

Don Barnett

Like I Told My Wife...

Hey, that website is actually very useful. I didn't know Washington state allowed more than 1 firearm purchase per month. I know what I'm going to be doing when I get my work bonus!

I told my wife: "But Honey, the law says you HAVE to buy one gun a month."

That didn't fly!

MamaLiberty

The BB do not have a clue about all the stupid "laws" we just ignore out here in the wilderness. <grin> There is a disconnect between what goes on in Cheyenne and outback Wyoming.

The "law" of men must be enforced by men. Real LAW pretty much enforces itself.

NRAMARINE

Louisiana. Sportsman's paradise. Oc is legal and gaining ground everyday. We have the best food in the nation, as long as you stay out of New Orleans, everyone for the most part minds their own business.

VAopencarry

Montana hands down!

Close 2nd
Wyoming
Arizona

Montana did have NO speed limit when the Feds first unrestricted them. A few years ago they started back with posted limits. Beyond actual Laws I think one must look at the prevailing 'attitude' of the population. I don't think you can beat Montana and Wyoming.

Last edited: