• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is kimber pepper blaster or the jpx legal in wisconsin?

phred

This isn't legal advice but I look at it this way: If I can buy it here in Wisconsin from many different stores it is legal. Go to the Kimber Pepper Blaster website and click on "Where To Buy". You will find many stores here in Wisconsin that sell it. I am sure they are not breaking the law by doing so.

I wouldn't use that logic. Gander Mountain and Cabela's also see mechanical feeders. made out of metal and plastic for feeding deer and turkeys and the DNR does not allow those kinds of feeders. Fireworks are sold all over the place, yet using them may cost you some money - if caught. Just a thought.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
True Phred but I have come to the conclusion that there is just too much crap to worry about in life. Worrying about having a Pepper Blaster on my person for self defense isn't worth worrying about. (That sounded strange)

Another thing I have learned about Wisconsin is that it is not a state that treats it's residents as people or Citizens. Wisconsin goes out of it's way with so many B.S. laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, etc...to stifle the people here. I have lived in 20 states in this great country and have been to all of them several times and I have never seen such repression as I do here. And it bothers me is that many people here don't seem to care about being crushed under the boots of a despotic government. Sorry for the rant.

phred

.... there is just too much crap to worry about in life.

Another thing I have learned about Wisconsin is that it is not a state that treats it's residents as people or Citizens. Wisconsin goes out of it's way with so many B.S. laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, etc...to stifle the people here. I have lived in 20 states in this great country and have been to all of them several times and I have never seen such repression as I do here. And it bothers me is that many people here don't seem to care about being crushed under the boots of a despotic government. Sorry for the rant.

I couldn't agree with you more - on both counts. I just wish we all had enough money to say "Fine, take me to court!" after we get pinched for doing what we think is constitutionally correct in defending ourselves and others.

Interceptor_Knight

This isn't legal advice but I look at it this way: If I can buy it here in Wisconsin from many different stores it is legal. Go to the Kimber Pepper Blaster website and click on "Where To Buy". You will find many stores here in Wisconsin that sell it. I am sure they are not breaking the law by doing so.

http://www.pepperblaster.com/

Sometimes you can't sweat the small stuff....heck everything is small stuff!
Although you can purchase the large containers of OC, you may not use them for self defense. They are intended as "bear" repellent.

J.Gleason

Banned
Although you can purchase the large containers of OC, you may not use them for self defense. They are intended as "bear" repellent.

I would take my chances on the Kimber, I think if you were open carrying and were assaulted and used the kimber spray instead of drawing your firearm the court and the DA would recognize your use of common sense.

I am sure many here will tell me why I am wrong.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Well the part that worries me is the "Other states where pepper sprays may be restricted or regulated: Wisconsin, California, Hawaii." Its like saying who knows.

I think it's a CYA on the companies part. They are saying those states restrict or regulate pepper spray, they aren't going to their product is legal or illegal so that they won't get sued. Basically, they are saying 'buyer beware' and do your own legal research.

My limited reading of the statute and the specifications says it's legal but IANAL.

Teej

Whomever wrote that into the law is ignorant. The amount of Scoville Heat Units is what's important, not the percentage. A mixture of 2 million SHU @ 5% is going to be more effective than a mixture of 500k SHU @ 10%.
I don't see anything in the law that mentions Scoville Heat Units.

Pure capsaicin is about 15-16 million scoville. Thus, 10% spray would be 1.5-1.6 million.

Edit: Er...that'd be if it was % capsaicin.

OC is much lower than straight capsaicin...OC is about 2 million, so we're talking about 200,000 scoville in the spray.

Kinda like wiping your skin and eyes with a habanero.

Last edited:

iceman71

pepper spray

I purchased from Striechers the First Defense MK3 brand of pepper spray with yellow label, (red is for leo). And this is perfectly legal here. Same size as leo carries