Thread: Sedro Wooley Shooting

Sedro Wooley Shooting

Finally a justified shooting:
    http://www.kirotv.com/video/24459591/index.html

Some great quotes in the story

bought another gun this morning...

picking on folks in the country and we all have guns and 99% know how to use them...

Don't break into folks homes! Duh!
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Good for him!!!!!
    Interesting he shot fleeing suspects and are not held up on charges!!!!!Hey technically the felony was over. (sarcasm)

Oh My! Oh My! He Talked To The Police

But wait he did not get cuffed and hauled off to jail nor what he said would be held against him, as some here propose

sarcasm off:

Thankfully he had his wits about him and his firearm to protect his family, BRAVO

That is some rural country out there. If a home doesn't have a gun they sure do have an axe. I'd say those criminals were lucky to get away alive.
    Last edited by DCKilla; 07-31-2010 at 03:15 PM.

BRAVO !
    Some people SHOOT back !
    Semper Fi
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

A lesson to be learned from this situation is to discuss with your family issues of home defense.
    The glaring one here is some type of command to clear, as if they did have this the son may have been able to create distance and the Dad put a couple of holes into the perpetrator.

Other issues but would not have helped in this situation as to a safety area, stay down, call 911, do not get out and move around so the one with the weapons or weapons do not shoot their own.

Bravo for both the Father and the Son and boy the Son must have some biggins taking on an armed attacker bare handed.
    Last edited by BigDave; 07-31-2010 at 06:13 PM.

yeah I loved reading that story this am. But this is the 2nd or 3rd home invasion in two weeks around here. Skagit County.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    yeah I loved reading that story this am. But this is the 2nd or 3rd home invasion in two weeks around here. Skagit County.
    In light of these incidents, and the county refusing to follow state law, maybe we should try to have rather large OC gathering, in Skagit, Mt. Vernon Burlington has some pretty good parks.

OC gathering

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    In light of these incidents, and the county refusing to follow state law, maybe we should try to have rather large OC gathering, in Skagit, Mt. Vernon Burlington has some pretty good parks.
    Yeah, I'd be up for a little picnic in the park. Be nice to meet some of the other local OC'ers.

I'd come down to Skagit County for an event too. Carrying my M&P 40 or Redhawk this time instead of just a blade, seeing as how I hit 21 almost a month after the meet and greet at Bob's Burgers. Maybe someone should start a new thread so this one don't get derailed...

I am actually truly impressed with KIRO-7 News. Matter-of-factly reported, no embellishments, no judgemental statements by the reporter or the news anchors, and really, a positive spin on gun-ownership and how it is an essential part of American life.

Wow. Really. Think about it folks, we should thank the Channel 7 news editors, too, because this is the first news story from a Seattle station in my memory that really casts gun-ownership and the entire 2nd Amendment issue in a positive light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    I am actually truly impressed with KIRO-7 News. Matter-of-factly reported, no embellishments, no judgemental statements by the reporter or the news anchors, and really, a positive spin on gun-ownership and how it is an essential part of American life.

Wow. Really. Think about it folks, we should thank the Channel 7 news editors, too, because this is the first news story from a Seattle station in my memory that really casts gun-ownership and the entire 2nd Amendment issue in a positive light.
    I was too. I noticed a lot of news putting more positive gun stories out there. I think they are realizing that the majority of their audience like these and are pro-gun.

+1 for another Skagit meet. Thanks to the insane idiocy of my companies management I ended up missing the last at Bob's. I really want to make it to a shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Oh My! Oh My! He Talked To The Police

But wait he did not get cuffed and hauled off to jail nor what he said would be held against him, as some here propose

sarcasm off:

Thankfully he had his wits about him and his firearm to protect his family, BRAVO
    Sometimes the facts speak for themselves. Other times it's best to keep quiet. The tricky part is to determine which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I was too. I noticed a lot of news putting more positive gun stories out there. I think they are realizing that the majority of their audience like these and are pro-gun.
    Some members of the local news media are also gun owner's and gun carriers. I recently read in the monthly newsletter from a Gun Club (with range), that I belong to, a couple of names from "the media" that were accepted as members.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    +1 for another Skagit meet. Thanks to the insane idiocy of my companies management I ended up missing the last at Bob's. I really want to make it to a shoot.
    I wil be out of State Aug 24-Sep 6. Maybe even sooner.
    And we have the Willows lake meet. I am thinking it would be good to have one in a well populated, popular park maybe in Mt. Vernon. Don't let me being gone stop anyone from meeting ....lol though. Anyone got any suggestions?