• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sedro Wooley Shooting

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Some great quotes in the story

bought another gun this morning...

picking on folks in the country and we all have guns and 99% know how to use them...

Don't break into folks homes! Duh!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Oh My! Oh My! He Talked To The Police :lol:

But wait he did not get cuffed and hauled off to jail nor what he said would be held against him, as some here propose :lol:

sarcasm off:

Thankfully he had his wits about him and his firearm to protect his family, BRAVO :banana:

DCKilla

That is some rural country out there. If a home doesn't have a gun they sure do have an axe. I'd say those criminals were lucky to get away alive.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
A lesson to be learned from this situation is to discuss with your family issues of home defense.
The glaring one here is some type of command to clear, as if they did have this the son may have been able to create distance and the Dad put a couple of holes into the perpetrator.

Other issues but would not have helped in this situation as to a safety area, stay down, call 911, do not get out and move around so the one with the weapons or weapons do not shoot their own.

Bravo for both the Father and the Son and boy the Son must have some biggins taking on an armed attacker bare handed.
25.gif

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

yeah I loved reading that story this am. But this is the 2nd or 3rd home invasion in two weeks around here. Skagit County.

In light of these incidents, and the county refusing to follow state law, maybe we should try to have rather large OC gathering, in Skagit, Mt. Vernon Burlington has some pretty good parks.

k.rollin

I'd come down to Skagit County for an event too. Carrying my M&P 40 or Redhawk this time instead of just a blade, seeing as how I hit 21 almost a month after the meet and greet at Bob's Burgers. Maybe someone should start a new thread so this one don't get derailed...

Bo

I am actually truly impressed with KIRO-7 News. Matter-of-factly reported, no embellishments, no judgemental statements by the reporter or the news anchors, and really, a positive spin on gun-ownership and how it is an essential part of American life.

Wow. Really. Think about it folks, we should thank the Channel 7 news editors, too, because this is the first news story from a Seattle station in my memory that really casts gun-ownership and the entire 2nd Amendment issue in a positive light.

sudden valley gunner

I am actually truly impressed with KIRO-7 News. Matter-of-factly reported, no embellishments, no judgemental statements by the reporter or the news anchors, and really, a positive spin on gun-ownership and how it is an essential part of American life.

Wow. Really. Think about it folks, we should thank the Channel 7 news editors, too, because this is the first news story from a Seattle station in my memory that really casts gun-ownership and the entire 2nd Amendment issue in a positive light.

I was too. I noticed a lot of news putting more positive gun stories out there. I think they are realizing that the majority of their audience like these and are pro-gun.

Magister

+1 for another Skagit meet. Thanks to the insane idiocy of my companies management I ended up missing the last at Bob's. I really want to make it to a shoot.

amlevin

Oh My! Oh My! He Talked To The Police :lol:

But wait he did not get cuffed and hauled off to jail nor what he said would be held against him, as some here propose :lol:

sarcasm off:

Thankfully he had his wits about him and his firearm to protect his family, BRAVO :banana:

Sometimes the facts speak for themselves. Other times it's best to keep quiet. The tricky part is to determine which is which.

amlevin

I was too. I noticed a lot of news putting more positive gun stories out there. I think they are realizing that the majority of their audience like these and are pro-gun.

Some members of the local news media are also gun owner's and gun carriers. I recently read in the monthly newsletter from a Gun Club (with range), that I belong to, a couple of names from "the media" that were accepted as members.

sudden valley gunner

+1 for another Skagit meet. Thanks to the insane idiocy of my companies management I ended up missing the last at Bob's. I really want to make it to a shoot.

I wil be out of State Aug 24-Sep 6. Maybe even sooner.
And we have the Willows lake meet. I am thinking it would be good to have one in a well populated, popular park maybe in Mt. Vernon. Don't let me being gone stop anyone from meeting ....lol though. Anyone got any suggestions?