Thread: Anyone remember the RCW for cops depriving you of your civil right, misdermenor?

Anyone remember the RCW for cops depriving you of your civil right, misdermenor?

I read it somewhere here that there is a RCW for cops depriving you of your civil rights, its a misdermenor on them. Anyone remember what the number is?

Not sure if there's a RCW that covers it, but there is federal law:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18...2----000-.html

So you may be able to sic the FBI on them even if you can't sic the WSP on them...

I highly doubt any level of authorities would investigate another level of authorities for a discrimination act. Your best bet would be contacting an attorney and filing a suit. The attorney would know exactly what actions may be able to be taken.

OK maybe this, but

Quote Originally Posted by John Hardin View Post

So you may be able to sic the FBI on them even if you can't sic the WSP on them...
    i was just gonna say, the 4th amendment!
    42 usc 1983
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 08-01-2010 at 12:19 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

This what you're lookin' for? (Also: misdemeanor, m-i-s-d-e-m-e-a-n-o-r)
    RCW 9A.80.010

Official misconduct.

</B>(1) A public servant is guilty of official misconduct if, with intent to obtain a benefit or to deprive another person of a lawful right or privilege:

(a) He intentionally commits an unauthorized act under color of law; or

(b) He intentionally refrains from performing a duty imposed upon him by law.

(2) Official misconduct is a gross misdemeanor.

See also Title 42 in the RCWs concerning misconduct of public officials. Also, as a responsible citizen, please remember that the RCWs are easily searched
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    I highly doubt any level of authorities would investigate another level of authorities for a discrimination act.
    Well, yeah...

http://blog.joehuffman.org/2010/07/3...veUsAList.aspx

"We do not involve ourselves in such cases."

Sigh.

Perhaps you are referring to the State law against Coercion?

"RCW 9A.36.070
    Coercion.
    (1) A person is guilty of coercion if by use of a threat he compels or induces a person to engage in conduct which the latter has a legal right to abstain from, or to abstain from conduct which he has a legal right to engage in.

(2) "Threat" as used in this section means:

(a) To communicate, directly or indirectly, the intent immediately to use force against any person who is present at the time; or

(b) Threats as defined in *RCW 9A.04.110(25) (a), (b), or (c).

(3) Coercion is a gross misdemeanor.

[1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.36.070.]

-------------

The Threats are: (27) "Threat" means to communicate, directly or indirectly the intent:

(a) To cause bodily injury in the future to the person threatened or to any other person; or

(b) To cause physical damage to the property of a person other than the actor; or

(c) To subject the person threatened or any other person to physical confinement or restraint; or
    ------
    Please note that the reference to threats under (25) are now under (27) due to subsequent amendments to the law.

"

(d) might well apply in the case of an officer:

"(d) To accuse any person of a crime or cause criminal charges to be instituted against any person; or

A gross misdemeanor criminal conviction carries a maximum penalty of 365 days in jail and a $5,000.00 fine.

Now all one has to do is get someone to prosecute.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hardin View Post
    I've seen that quoted elsewhere on OCDO, & it usually doesn't apply.
    It says it's valid if the different treatment was due to being an alien or because of their "color or race".

Try the section before it, which is:
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18...1----000-.html

"If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same..."

The penalty is a fine &/or imprisonment of up to 10 years. So that's a felony. Way to get a cop barred from being able to do his/her job.