• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picnic Hazel Park 8/14/10

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
You are all invited to attend an OC picnic at Scout Park in the city of Hazel Park from 12-3

An acquaintance of mine was told that it would not be "wise" to OC here. So, I told him I'd put together a little outing so he can get more comfortable with it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...RK4A&ved=0CBQQ_wY&sa=X&ei=Yv9UTKzkB47UNfzD5V0

Hope to see you all there!

Charcoal Grill:
Gas Grill: Generaldet
Hotdogs/ Buns: Generaldet
Burgers/ Buns:
Condiments:
Plastic Utensils: Generaldet
Napkins/Paper Towels: RenegadeMarine
Paper Plates: RenegadeMarine
Cups: Generaldet
Water: Generaldet
Pop: Malignity
Snacks:
Salads: RenegadeMarine
Coolers: Generaldet
Ice: RenegadeMarine
Camera:
Video Recorder:
Name Tags: Malignity

Last edited:

Michigander

Aside from experiencing that their traffic court system can be sleazy and dishonest, I have never had a problem in Hazel Park, nor have I known anyone else here to have. So I don't know that there is a point to be proved, but a picnic there does sound nice.

More warm weather picnics are always good, because our little 3 month burst of humidity and mosquitoes (the only nice weather all year) is almost over.:(

I'll try to be there if I can make it.

Last edited:

eastmeyers

If someone wants to hall their grill (or we can use one their) I will bring the charcoal and lighter fluid.

FYI: I don't know your friends story, but I can not even tell you how many times I have OCed in this city. Lets see how many times have I walked outside of my house? I have OCed in this city literaly a thousand times no joke NO problems. I have OCed in the Police station several times for many different times (picking up dropping off PP, dropping off RI-60s, requesting and picking up FOIA, and even to ask help from their armorer with my 870), never once an issue. I have had them out to the neighborhood for one reason or the other never once an issue.

I have only ever had one issue concerning this department and it has nothing to do with firearms, and it is currently playing out, and I am hoping they fix everything before it reaches court, which I have no reason to believe they wont.

These guys and gals here in blue know what they are doing and I respect them and glad I live in such a city where the citizens can feel safe and not harassed.

But yeah I'll bring the charcoal and lighter fluid, finally a picnic I can walk to!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Gosirr

Hazel Park OC

I'm in. My only problem is I work most saturdays.

I have never had a problem in Hazel Park as well. Just yesterday I put $100 gas in my truck at the ZAZZ gas station. I also walk my dog about 30 min twice a week, and never had a problem. Of cource I am OCing all the time.

Generaldet

eastmeyers
FYI: I don't know your friends story, but I can not even tell you how many times I have OCed in this city. Lets see how many times have I walked outside of my house? I have OCed in this city literaly a thousand times no joke NO problems. I have OCed in the Police station several times for many different times (picking up dropping off PP, dropping off RI-60s, requesting and picking up FOIA, and even to ask help from their armorer with my 870), never once an issue. I have had them out to the neighborhood for one reason or the other never once an issue.

I agree with you and Michigander, I know that there will be no issues whatsoever. This is just a good opportunity to reinforce that message and an excuse to have another BBQ before summers end! lol

It will be a great time, no question.

Last edited:

kryptonian

hazel park

got all kinds of hazel park friends and family. used to date HP officer years ago. she used to do the undercover prostitute sting on 8 mile RIGHT UNDER THE DO NOT PICKUP HOOKERS sign or whatever it said. news did a story on her too wearing boots i bought her. no it wasn't the female officer killed there a few years ago.

malignity

For some reason I think i may have something going on that day... gotta check with the secretary (aka wifey) to see for sure though. If I'm free, which I'm hoping I will be, I'll bring bottled water, name tags and sharpies as always.

Edit to add:

Talked to wife, looks like I can go. Apparently we're having our own BBQ at 5, so it gives me just enough time to show up, have some fun, and then do my own thing. Put me down for name tags, sharpies, and eh.. pop I guess, since you've already got water covered. Coke or Pepsi fine for everyone? Which do you all prefer?

Last edited:

sprinklerguy28

Part of it is many of us will be at Bass Pro that day for the fall hunting classic. If not I would be attending as well. Hopefully we can rally the troops and have a great showing at both.

Generaldet

Don't forget there doesn't need to be 50 people at every picnic for it to be a success. Even if there are just a few and the message gets out that is a success in my book. Large groups are nice but several small groups work ver well also.

Either way we will have a great time!

eastmeyers

Want more people to show up? Call Fox2 and tell them that some of the attendees from Mondays Royal Oak city Council meeting will be having a picnic in Hazel Park this weekend, because Hazel Park supports their rights. Bet it makes the news...

Did anyone check and see if we need to "lease" a pavilion?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

sprinklerguy28

I did follow up interviews with most of the media outlets today. I gave them dates and locations of all upcoming OC events. Hopefully they will start making the rounds and publicizing them.

eastmeyers

I did follow up interviews with most of the media outlets today. I gave them dates and locations of all upcoming OC events. Hopefully they will start making the rounds and publicizing them.

I was actually joking. I don't mind them saying hey here is a list of OC picnics, but I don't know if I want them showing up at our 4 or 5 guy/gal picnics, it would be like someone with a camera fallowing me around my everyday activities. Actually it would be EXACTLY like that, excuse me Mr. microphone man please pass the mustard, awww man the camera man sat on my chips! Those guys always get in the way, at least when its a big turn out, the MOC officials keep them busy enough to not get in my way.