• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Health And Fitness

Jack House

2010-06-13_143737.png

M

McX

you ever notice if you go to walgreen's all the good gun magazines are always sold out?!

Beretta92FSLady

You know, all the firearms magazines around here are on the bottom self normally towards the back. Most of the time due to knee problems I don't even bother looking at them.

That is how they are placed here. I go to Barnes and they are always at the bottom, in the very back. I always grab one when I am down there, if an old-timer has an "oh crap I have to bend down there" look on his face.

jeeper1

I stopped subscribing to or buying gun magazines 20 or so years ago because every article praised to the hilt everything whether it was good or bad. Also every cover was saying the ultimate this or that. Six months of the ultimate AR15 and each one was different from the others has lead me to the conclusion the word "ULTIMATE" is overused and meaningless when it come to firearms.

Jack House

I stopped subscribing to or buying gun magazines 20 or so years ago because every article praised to the hilt everything whether it was good or bad. Also every cover was saying the ultimate this or that. Six months of the ultimate AR15 and each one was different from the others has lead me to the conclusion the word "ULTIMATE" is overused and meaningless when it come to firearms.
I've never actually read a gun magazine. I just happened to be in Borders one day and noticed they had their hunting and gun magazines placed in the Health & Fitness section of the magazine rack.

Jack House

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, my library has subscriptions for all the magazines I read. It's also the only place I can bring myself to read magazines. So much to do at home; consoles games, computer games, movies and TV shows. ;)