• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC with a BUG

flagellum

How many of you guys Open Carry with a Back -up Gun? I carry my OC gun on my right hip, and carry a TCP .380 in my left pocket. I know that in the rare chance someone violently tries to remove my weapon from the holster, I can resist with my right hand (Push the weapon Down into the holster) and draw with my left, run my hand along my belly and fire at the attacker. I'm a pretty small guy, and I know if some big thug starts snatching for my gun I wont be able to fight him off without the aid of the tool he now has half possession of. Of course Situational Awareness is key, but it is not 100% reliable either.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You are only paranoid until something happens that resembles what you feared would happen. Then you are psychic.

Some folks say their uber-tactical pocket knife is for that situation. Others say they use harsh words to good effect.

Like the Boy Scouts, I try to be prepared.

stay safe.

45acpForMe

I prefer to carry a full size gun on my hip and a smaller BUG in my pocket. (both 45acp)

My favorite BUG is the Taurus PT145 45acp 10+1. I vary my OC gun depending on weather, mood, attire. (Sig, H&K, Para, Colt, etc)

Some people strongly believe that having extra magazines is better than having an extra gun. (faster to change a mag than draw a separate gun) I like the extra gun for the reason you mentioned as well as you can arm a friendly/family if the need arises and better the odds. Also if you have a malfunction with your primary gun a second gun is nice to have.