• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Young Girls Shoot too!!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Brooke taught her new friend Brianna how to shoot the Walther P22. After Brooke's safety class with Brianna, you will see Brianna's finger come off the bang switch after each shot until she is back on target and "ready to shoot". I know adults that are not THAT safe.

[video=youtube;icHMG-AMG0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHMG-AMG0k[/video]

Brooke went through her whole arsenal...
[video=youtube;HYqZph_Du_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYqZph_Du_A[/video]

38768_114609818589110_100001202771197_98935_147895  4_n.jpg

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Very cool. My daughters are 11 and 14 now and I am meaning to take them out to the rifle range with my Sig556. I don't think they will like the recoil of my 12ga or 308. :)

They shoot a Walther P22 also (although, I didn't get the pink one!) I recently had my oldest daughter try my Kahr MK40 but she said it nearly came out of her hand. I loaded one bullet and dropped the magazine before she shot it just in case that did happen.

I had to reprimand both of them the last time we went to the range when they started picking up the P22 off the bench with their finger in the trigger guard!!! They just needed some reminding.

papa bear

good job!

i taught my daughter since she was 5, and she has always been proud that she could. also i have several nieces, and we shoot together regularly, they also want to go hunting. i have been wanting to train my 5 yr old granddaughter, but she has been so indoctrinated in the gover'ment school system that she even preaches against having guns. and trys to tells me not to hunt.
i had bought her a little daisy bb gun so maybe i could lure her to shoot. nothing doing. i'll keep working on it

one thing though, the neighbor boy's ( that i had taught when he was small) 7 yr old son had come up to shoot and was very schooled in safety

The Wolfhound

When working with girls, PINK guns help.

Wife and daughter each have a PINK gun. Daughter has a CZ452 Scout (such a fine weapon that I bought a CZ for myself but not a pink one)LOL. Wife has a Sig Mosquito. Both PINK guns make it easier to get girls interested in shooting. It takes the "BOYS ONLY" aspect cleanly away from shooting sports. Last year we took our local Girl Scout troop to Dominion Shooting Range and by the end of the evening all girls and moms present were shooters. On the distaff side, none of the boys have held back when allowed to shoot a gun that just happened to be PINK.

Last edited:

The Donkey

My wife has always been a better shot than me, or my sons, ever since I took her out for her first shooting experience when we were dating.

I think testosterone interferes with good aim.

Careful, I see another Annie Oakley in her eyes.

MSC 45ACP

My 13-year old shoots her Anschutz Model 10 (.22 LR) rather well. I can barely even SEE through the peep sights, but she drives tacks with it at the 25 yard line! I love it when they actually LISTEN to directions!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Send those to a few anti websites, Ed I bet their knees would jerk so high, they'd take flight.

Good for you!!. I also taught my two daughters to shoot when they were young.. as in under ten. I'd rather they stay alive and know how to use these tools.

Don Barnett

Excellent!

She has been very well trained in safe gun handling.

When you teach a youngster to shoot, you perpetuate the sport and help the gun rights side.

VA Big E

Very Good. I take my 9 yr old daughter to the range with a cricket rifle, and my 15 yr old uses my SP101 with .38. I go over gun safety at the house and make sure they understand it before going to the range.

45acpForMe

[video=youtube;oi5w0xZI07c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi5w0xZI07c[/video]

Were you using frangible ammo? I don't know of a range around here (indoor or outdoor) that allows fully auto. My indoor ranges won't allow 223 either, but one friend at a range would let me privately shoot 223 frangible. Unfortunately he left that range before I ever got around to it.

I have been meaning to take my daughters out to the rifle range and let them shoot my Sig556. I am glad to see she was able to handle it which makes me think my kids will be able to also.

One of my BIG pet pieves is the restriction on Class III weapons. I see no reason to force me to pay 18x what a new mp5 costs for a 30 year old gun. I would like to own fully auto versions of my guns but can't afford them. While I probably couldn't afford the ammo either I would enjoy occassional outings.

Last edited:

Jack House

One of my BIG pet pieves is the restriction on Class III weapons. I see no reason to force me to pay 18x what a new mp5 costs for a 30 year old gun. I would like to own fully auto versions of my guns but can't afford them. While I probably couldn't afford the ammo either I would enjoy occassional outings.
Same here. I LOATH the class III restrictions and wish that law would just get repealed already.