Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin open carry meet up, August 29th at Starbucks in Delevan

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Unhappy Wisconsin open carry meet up, August 29th at Starbucks in Delevan

OK. Here we go! Starbucks in Delavan, WI. Lots of parking, no schools nearby.

August 29th, 1:00 pm 'till whenever.

Starbucks, Delavan, WI
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 08-05-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Added flier

I penciled it in. As of right now we should be able to make it!

Hopefully the employees are as nice as the last meet up !

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    I penciled it in. As of right now we should be able to make it!

Hopefully the employees are as nice as the last meet up !
    I usually don't go to Starbucks but I'll start OC'ing there to soften them up.

McX
    i plan to attend as well.

Finally one close enough I can attend, now I just have to remember when it is.

I shall try to be there.

I just added a PDF version of a flyer. It's in the 1st post of the thread. Feel free to print out and post wherever.

I have invited Rebecca Kleefisch (running for Lt Governor), Paul Ryan (US Rep for the 1st District), Mel Niewenhaus (current mayor of Delavan and running for 32nd State Representative) and Ted Sullivan from the Janesville Gazzette.

I am trying to get a hold of David Graves (Sherriff Walworth County), Neal Kedzie (State Senator).

I work in the Delavan township. I should be able to get off for it. I haven't had a chance to get to a SINGLE open carry even ever!

I will ask off for it tomorrow and let you know if I have it off. Heck. Even if I don't get the day off I'm working right near the shopping plaza there.

How many people went to the last open carry even there? I need to get on to this forum more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive101 View Post
    How many people went to the last open carry even there?
    This is the 1st time we've done it in Delavan. Last time was in Kenosha and we had about 15 people come and go.

Red face

I'll find out tomorrow if I can have some time off for the meetup. My g/f may also come and may possibly OC as well.

I'm off work during those times. I'm looking forward to some coffee and hanging out with some pro carry men and women!

I'm off work during those times. I'm looking forward to some coffee and hanging out with some pro carry men and women!
    Personally, I hate coffee but they have decent iced tea. Kinda pricey but OK.

There are a fair amount of food vendors around as well, Panera, a Chinese place. Brodies Beef has a class-b license so we would need permission. They have good dogs.

I'm bringing 1 carrying friend with me I hope to see as many of you as possible there and get out to more events in the future!

Also for those not local to the area these are the recent big events here that people know from this "small and safe town".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279992,00.html 6 Dead in Shooting, 1 Toddler Wounded in Southern Wisconsin

http://gazettextra.com/news/2010/aug...lake-shooting/ Officials: Motive unclear in Delavan Lake shooting

I've been an avid conceal carrier for years. I however have never open carried publicly. I'd be up to go team up with someone familiar and see how they deal with the public. I know everyone is different, but meeting new people and hanging out is almost always a good time.
    Last edited by Passive101; 08-10-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    I've been an avid conceal carrier for years.
    Don't forget
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Statutes
    941.23 Carrying concealed weapon. Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
    [ ... ]
    To “go armed” does not require going anywhere. The elements for a violation of s. 941.23 are: 1) a dangerous weapon is on the defendant’s person or within reach; 2) the defendant is aware of the weapon’s presence; and 3) the weapon is hidden.
    and, more immediately important
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDO RULES
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    Thank you very much.

McX
    i'll try to get there, i have it on the calendar,i'll come by leaky, or mooch a ride, is anyone out there moochable?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Don't forget and, more immediately importantThank you very much.
    Yeah. No legal carry in WI. I carry concealed in other states I've lived in and visit frequently.

The Mayor of Delavan accepted on one of the pages to attend this OC event.

The Mayor of Delavan accepted on one of the pages to attend this OC event.
    Yes, Mel Nieuwenhuis. He's also running for State Assembly and goes to my church. He seems to be pro Constitutional Carry. We didn't finish the conversation. I would vote for him but I don't live in his district.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    looks like it will be a good turnout. see you all Sunday!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

So far, the Walworth County/Janesville Gazette is coming (Dan Plutchak), I have invited Fox 6, CBS 58, WISN 12, TMJ 4 all from Milwaukee. Haven't received a response.

I also invited City of Delavan Police, City of Elkhorn Police, Walworth County Sheriff.

It should be a rip roaring good time! The weather looks good as well.

Dan from the Gazette is going to publish something about it on the web site before the event so there is the potential that some 'seekers' might show up.

Let's all be on our best behavior, not that I've ever been to one of these that got out of hand.

McX
    sounds like all the beautiful people will be there. looks like i'd better iron my wiscarry t-shirt. comb my hair- no wait, i ain't got no hair. i'll just look sharp is all. charming as usual. see you all there!

Here's the post:

http://www.walworthcountytoday.com/n...nt-sunday-del/

I love the comments already.

I already have emailed Dan telling him that his statement "People must have permission to bring their weapons onto private property, such as businesses." is wrong and asking him to fix it.
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 08-26-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    You wrote, "People must have permission to bring their weapons onto private property, such as businesses." Categorically false.

Property owners may ask armed citizens not to trespass just as they may trespass any but protected classes of people. But there are legal requirements for trespass notice that a mere sign does not satisfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    You wrote, "People must have permission to bring their weapons onto private property, such as businesses." Categorically false.

Property owners may ask armed citizens not to trespass just as they may trespass any but protected classes of people. But there are legal requirements for trespass notice that a mere sign does not satisfy.
    Sorry, I guess I didn't finish my sentence. See the post now. I fixed it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast