• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin open carry meet up, August 29th at Starbucks in Delevan

Jason in WI

I penciled it in. As of right now we should be able to make it!

Hopefully the employees are as nice as the last meet up :banana:!

paul@paul-fisher.com

I just added a PDF version of a flyer. It's in the 1st post of the thread. Feel free to print out and post wherever.

I have invited Rebecca Kleefisch (running for Lt Governor), Paul Ryan (US Rep for the 1st District), Mel Niewenhaus (current mayor of Delavan and running for 32nd State Representative) and Ted Sullivan from the Janesville Gazzette.

I am trying to get a hold of David Graves (Sherriff Walworth County), Neal Kedzie (State Senator).

Passive101

I work in the Delavan township. I should be able to get off for it. I haven't had a chance to get to a SINGLE open carry even ever!

I will ask off for it tomorrow and let you know if I have it off. Heck. Even if I don't get the day off I'm working right near the shopping plaza there.

How many people went to the last open carry even there? I need to get on to this forum more often.

Passive101

I'll find out tomorrow if I can have some time off for the meetup. My g/f may also come and may possibly OC as well.

Passive101

I'm off work during those times. I'm looking forward to some coffee and hanging out with some pro carry men and women!

paul@paul-fisher.com

I'm off work during those times. I'm looking forward to some coffee and hanging out with some pro carry men and women!

Personally, I hate coffee but they have decent iced tea. Kinda pricey but OK.

There are a fair amount of food vendors around as well, Panera, a Chinese place. Brodies Beef has a class-b license so we would need permission. They have good dogs.

Passive101

I'm bringing 1 carrying friend with me :) I hope to see as many of you as possible there and get out to more events in the future!

Also for those not local to the area these are the recent big events here that people know from this "small and safe town".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279992,00.html 6 Dead in Shooting, 1 Toddler Wounded in Southern Wisconsin

http://gazettextra.com/news/2010/aug/07/officials-motive-unclear-delavan-lake-shooting/ Officials: Motive unclear in Delavan Lake shooting

I've been an avid conceal carrier for years. I however have never open carried publicly. I'd be up to go team up with someone familiar and see how they deal with the public. I know everyone is different, but meeting new people and hanging out is almost always a good time.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
I've been an avid conceal carrier for years.
Don't forget
Wisconsin Statutes said:
941.23 Carrying concealed weapon. Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
[ ... ]
To “go armed” does not require going anywhere. The elements for a violation of s. 941.23 are: 1) a dangerous weapon is on the defendant’s person or within reach; 2) the defendant is aware of the weapon’s presence; and 3) the weapon is hidden.
and, more immediately important
OCDO RULES said:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
Thank you very much.

M

McX

i'll try to get there, i have it on the calendar,i'll come by leaky, or mooch a ride, is anyone out there moochable?

paul@paul-fisher.com

The Mayor of Delavan accepted on one of the pages to attend this OC event.

Yes, Mel Nieuwenhuis. He's also running for State Assembly and goes to my church. He seems to be pro Constitutional Carry. We didn't finish the conversation. I would vote for him but I don't live in his district.