• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin open carry meet up, August 29th at Starbucks in Delevan

paul@paul-fisher.com

So far, the Walworth County/Janesville Gazette is coming (Dan Plutchak), I have invited Fox 6, CBS 58, WISN 12, TMJ 4 all from Milwaukee. Haven't received a response.

I also invited City of Delavan Police, City of Elkhorn Police, Walworth County Sheriff.

It should be a rip roaring good time! The weather looks good as well.

Dan from the Gazette is going to publish something about it on the web site before the event so there is the potential that some 'seekers' might show up.

Let's all be on our best behavior, not that I've ever been to one of these that got out of hand.

M

McX

sounds like all the beautiful people will be there. looks like i'd better iron my wiscarry t-shirt. comb my hair- no wait, i ain't got no hair. i'll just look sharp is all. charming as usual. see you all there!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
You wrote, "People must have permission to bring their weapons onto private property, such as businesses." Categorically false.

Property owners may ask armed citizens not to trespass just as they may trespass any but protected classes of people. But there are legal requirements for trespass notice that a mere sign does not satisfy.

paul@paul-fisher.com

You wrote, "People must have permission to bring their weapons onto private property, such as businesses." Categorically false.

Property owners may ask armed citizens not to trespass just as they may trespass any but protected classes of people. But there are legal requirements for trespass notice that a mere sign does not satisfy.

Sorry, I guess I didn't finish my sentence. See the post now. I fixed it.

SAK

Awesome!! A few of us have been planning on this Sunday to do some open carry in downtown Lake Geneva. We were going to go at 3 PM.

So we found out about this event and talk about meant to be :D We're declaring this a double open carry event. Not to be confused with a double rainbow but just as spectacular!

So we'll see you guys in Delevan and then whoever feels up to caravanning over to Lake Geneva for some OC shopping you are free to join afterwards :)

http://www.icarry.org/ftopict-3873.html

paul@paul-fisher.com

Awesome!! A few of us have been planning on this Sunday to do some open carry in downtown Lake Geneva. We were going to go at 3 PM.

So we found out about this event and talk about meant to be :D We're declaring this a double open carry event. Not to be confused with a double rainbow but just as spectacular!

So we'll see you guys in Delevan and then whoever feels up to caravanning over to Lake Geneva for some OC shopping you are free to join afterwards :)

Not that it is enforceable but Lake Geneva has an anti-OC ordinance on the books.

Section 50-4: No person, except a law enforcement officer or person authorized by the law to do so, shall within the city in any vehicle possess, carry, place with him or have under his control any firearm or air gun, unless such firearm or airgun is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
How is their Sec. 50-4 different from Wisconsin Statutes specifically § 167.31?

Not that it is enforceable but Lake Geneva has an anti-OC ordinance on the books.
Sec. 50-4. Firearms. said:
Code 1992, § 9.03(2)
No person, except a law enforcement officer or person authorized by the law to do so, shall within the city in any vehicle possess, carry, place with him or have under his control any firearm or air gun, unless such firearm or airgun is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case.
How is their Sec. 50-4 different from Wisconsin Statutes specifically § 167.31? It is clumsily constructed but, after taking the misleading words out, says No person, ... , shall ... in any vehicle possess, carry, place ... or have under his control any firearm ..., unless such firearm ... is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case.

Wisc. Stats said:
§ 167.31(2) PROHIBITIONS; MOTORBOATS AND VEHICLES; HIGHWAYS AND ROADWAYS.
[ ... ]
(b) Except as provided in sub. (4), no person may place, possess or transport a firearm, bow or crossbow in or on a vehicle, unless the firearm is unloaded and encased or unless the bow or crossbow is unstrung or is enclosed in a carrying case.

M

McX

well, we now know 2 areas of 2 cities that will be safe while we are there!

TyGuy

Darn you SAK that was my double rainbow vid! Maybe see you tomorrow.

paul@paul-fisher.com

OMG! I showed up at 1:00 pm and already there were around 20 people there. All said and done, between 50 and 75 people showed up. A good time was had by all. A lot of newbies, some candidates for office.

The Starbucks folks were good as usual.

There was one LEO drive through reported but they were invited and as far as I know none attended.

Overall a good turnout!

Canard

Great event guys. My first event (have be OCing for a while). It was a great crowd and a pleasure meeting all the folks I got a chance to meet. Happy to seem some first-timers there.

Carry on!

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Great turnout. As Paul said, I counted 50 people there at one point, but I know more came after that. At 4pm there were still people showing up. I estimate 75 people total came throughout the course of the afternoon.

Lots of new members, but most importantly, lots of people said they were OC'ing for the first time.

Starbucks had a good afternoon for sure.

Forgot to mention it during my remarks, but a BIG thank's to Mike and Heather, owners of Dam Road Gun Shop. Who were in attendance. They've been strong supporters of the right to carry and have been eager to put flyers and information around their gun shop. If you are in the need of a new carry gun/holster/etc, and you live in the Delavan area, make sure to stop in! http://damroadgunshop.net/

Also had the pleasure to speak with the following candidates for 32nd Assembly District who showed up to express their support:

Adam Gibbs - Republican
www.gibbsforassembly.com

Dan Necci - Republican
http://necciforassembly.com/

John Finley - Republican
(didn't find a website for John, but he showed up open-carrying. Great to meet John and see a candidate walk the walk.)

Last edited:
M

McX

incredible event! huge attendance! a great gathering of people of like mind! politicians there to learn of us, and our concerns! everything was absolutely perfect! Great to see all my friends, and make some new ones! Our strength and numbers continue to grow, we should all be very proud! so where to next guys?...........milwaukee perhapse?

ps; added on edit; pics! we need to post pics!

Last edited: