• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin open carry meet up, August 29th at Starbucks in Delevan

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
we should all be very proud! so where to next guys?...........milwaukee perhaps?

Yeah, I was thinking on the ride home we need to have these all over the state.

As for our next one in this corner of the state...

I think we should try to hit places that the Milwaukee media market perhaps doesn't as much. Here are some ideas I had looking at a radius outside Milwaukee.

-Burlington?
-Fort Atkinson?
-Whitewater?
-Jefferson?
-Johnson Creek?
-Watertown?
-Hartford?
-West Bend?
-Port Washington?

I'm kinda thinking West Bend might be a good place to put next on the list.

Anyone up for West Bend? They have their own press up there. Good exposure for the right to carry in Wisconsin.

I think the recipe that worked really well in Delavan was a combination of things. Non metropolitan area with a solid concentration of gun owning folks who might think no one OC's in their area, getting flyers in gun shops and media contact.

If we plan something for West Bend, I'll get some flyers up in Cabela's and some other places up there, make some media contacts. We should get a solid showing again.

M

McX

west bend would be fine! still reeling from an incredible day, what started as a humble gathering of 7 or so has become a gathering of nearly 70! i can't use enough exclamation points!!!!!! historic moments to witness to and participate in today; a carrier remarked to me of an encounter he had with a citizen, at our gathering; the lady mentioned she felt safe around the police because they carried guns, and she felt safe around us as well. we didn't waste even the trip home; springfield and i stopped at gander mountain in k-town, springfield was able to leave some brochures on the counter, i shopped for ammo, and we both spoke of open carry with the clerk. on the way out we had a humerous moment; as we went to the car, we passed a group of people on motorcycles, they looked incredibly surprised, and very curious of us. we posed no threat, and neither did they. just citizens going about their lives in both cases.

added on edit; we ofcourse carried at gander mountain.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
alright... West Bend it is.

Sunday Sept. 26th?

I'll work on a location.

What do you guys think about location? Starbucks is a great host, but I'm thinking we shouldn't always limit ourselves to starbucks. If we find a pro-carry small business coffee house/ice cream shop it might be just as well to patronize them? (though end of september a coffee house might be better than ice cream.)

Definitely still patronize Starbucks also, but just thinking we don't "have' to have it at Starbucks every time.

I'm going to check with some people up in West Bend and see what they think.

Last edited:
M

McX

day before my birthday, excellent, bring lots of presents, or give me your nice guns! it will go on the calendar, and we'll plan to attend.

protias

day before my birthday, excellent, bring lots of presents, or give me your nice guns! it will go on the calendar, and we'll plan to attend.

My present will be to NOT give you a swift kick in the butt! :lol:

MKEgal

Nik said:
anyone else up for West Bend?

Sure, Sept. in West Bend. I'm halfway there now. Here's the WB Starbuck's info:
443 W Paradise Dr.
West Bend, WI
262 306 9631

There's a Jalisco up there too, have to check to see if they're OK with hosting a party & get the manager OK for OC if anyone wants to do dinner after, or lunch before. Yummy Mexican food, decent prices & serving sizes. (Hmmm... maybe I should have something for dinner?)
150 S Main St.
West Bend, WI
53095-3322
262 306 9002