• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin open carry meet up, August 29th at Starbucks in Delevan

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
People from Wisconsin also came down to our Rockford event. Thank you everyone who did!!!! We really appreciate the support from patriots up in Wisconsin who practice what they preach by exercising their rights (talk is cheap, action speaks louder than words)

This wasn't a turf war Shaun, I just wish you'd step back and HONESTLY ask yourself how you'd feel if you put dozens of hours into planning the Rockford event and the ONLY news report on it had Nik Clark from Wisconsin Carry, Inc with a Wisconsin Carry t-shirt in the photo and the reporter had half of the article my quotes and the fact that I was from Wisconsin.

Then add to that if it was the 2nd time it happened. I think you'd feel like you lost some of the "bang for your buck" in the event.

And you say you don't have control over what the media prints. i disagree. I have learned that you give them NOTHING other than what you want them to print and ONLY what you want them to print.

If I had come to the Rockford event, I would have left Wisconsin Carry shirts at home. I would have had an ICarry t-shirt on, and if a reporter came up to me, i would have said "ICarry organized this event and is doing tremendous things in Illinois. The executive director Shaun is over there, and walk him over to you."

Thats the god's honest truth what I would have done.

Can't you agree that in Sussex AND Delavan, both events were organized by WCI and both times, ICarry was the only one mentioned (by channel 6 in Milwaukee) and in Delavan, the ONLY news report printed most of the article was comments from you and about ICarry and that you were up from Illinois.

Spartacus

Banned
If I had come to the Rockford event, I would have left Wisconsin Carry shirts at home. I would have had an ICarry t-shirt on, and if a reporter came up to me, i would have said "ICarry organized this event and is doing tremendous things in Illinois. The executive director Shaun is over there, and walk him over to you."

Thats the god's honest truth what I would have done.

Amen and amen.

SAK you can play the "we're all brothers in the fight" tune all you want and line your pockets as you please, but you won't like it the next time you see me. If nothing else I'll follow you around the event like a fly on sh!t and step between you and the camera every time. I've got a couple of other ideas as well, none of which will be pleasant for you.

Come up; have coffee; eat food and talk to the people but leave your bag of T-shirts and paperwork at home.

blaze

Amen and amen.

SAK you can play the "we're all brothers in the fight" tune all you want and line your pockets as you please, but you won't like it the next time you see me. If nothing else I'll follow you around the event like a fly on sh!t and step between you and the camera every time. I've got a couple of other ideas as well, none of which will be pleasant for you.

Come up; have coffee; eat food and talk to the people but leave your bag of T-shirts and paperwork at home.

That is very nice of you to post your intentions. Sooner or later I would think the media will dissect this thread as you put it like a fly on sh!t.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
let's just say, from now on...only members of WCI get to talk to the media. If you are from another state and you get approached by a media member WALK AWAY. this was not a ICARRY event & SAK your not the delegated spokes person for our organization.

Spartacus

Banned
Your observation is incorrect again.

I attended the Sussex event for protias. I attended the WCI board meeting in De Forest. I attended the OC lunch at Thunder Bay restaurant. I attended the Beloit riverside cleanup.

You are a user. I am a user. You use my funds on projects which at the present interest me. I use you to try and get what I want.

The last sentence is where you go off the rails. I'm only a member of WCI and never speak for the organization but only for myself but what I do know is that the people on the board are in no way serving themselves. EVERYTHING they do is by donation... time, travel, meals, all out of pocket.

You are a user by your own admission. Personally if I was Nik I would find out who you are and send your measly $100 donation back to you.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
So I guess you like dictating what a fellow WCI member is allowed to do at a business open to the public. Not gonna fly.

Sak and Icarry have every right to be at Starbucks on Sept. 26 and hopefully they will. Any group may be there and assemble, interact with the media, do what they want to support their organization. They or any other org do not need permission from WCI.

So lets get down to business, mister. I do not care if you are at Starbucks on the 26th or not. I wil be there. I will be very diligent watching and listening for any incident with Sak and Icarry.

Any hostility, harassment, trampling of their rights that I witness will be recorded. I wil immediately alert whatever media is there and the police. If a cop is not present I will call the police.

I consider your post arrogant. I consider the WCI chairguy posts involving SAK arrogant.

Call the Police on your own fellow OCers ? gee like that would not give us all a black eye !!! what ? ..your in the 4th grade again, playing hall monitor ? Act like an adult, not a tadle tell.

blaze

Call the Police on your own fellow OCers ? gee like that would not give us all a black eye !!! what ? ..your in the 4th grade again, playing hall monitor ? Act like an adult, not a tadle tell.

If another organization is bullied or harrassed at the Starbucks event, it will happen.

Last edited:

blaze

The last sentence is where you go off the rails. I'm only a member of WCI and never speak for the organization but only for myself but what I do know is that the people on the board are in no way serving themselves. EVERYTHING they do is by donation... time, travel, meals, all out of pocket.

You are a user by your own admission. Personally if I was Nik I would find out who you are and send your measly $100 donation back to you.

It was so simply spelled out. WCI uses my money and I use WCI to accomplish my goals.

Nothing said or implied about people serving themselves or anything else you have read in to such a simple statement. BTW I have more than a hundred bucks invested.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I had hoped to avoid this type of strife, but now it's water over the dam.

Let's use the T-Party, or an AFLCIO gathering as an example. IF they invite me to come, speak, and garner business for my cause/organization then I will do just that. IF I am invited (public invited) to such a gathering, then I am there to show my support for those who organized the gathering. It would be unethical for me to promote my cause at their gathering.

I don't believe SAK had any ill will, but had he read the entire thread, we would have realized this was being organized by WCI members and at least one of the WCI BOD. In such a case, the ethical thing would be for WCI members to direct media to the organizer, SAK did not.

Last year, there was an OC picnic in Green Bay. They press was there, so was I. I shared lots of info with those who were in attendance but I purposely tried to avoid the press because I DIDN'T organize the event.

Now, IF we all put away the ICarry and WCI stuff and just look at this as an ordinary guy/gal, who isn't familiar with any of this gun rights stuff, and has never heard of WCI or ICarry, then the press writing about ICarry this, and ICarry that, and WCI was also there, absolutely makes it look like an Illinois organization came to Delevan, like ICarry did the leg work, and like it was an outside influence rather than locals. That IS the perception. Perception is everything ladies and gents, and right now the perception (outside our small forum community) is that this was organized by an Illinois organization.

All WCI members as well as the general public (including ICarry members) are welcome to attend these meet/greet things, the more the merrier and I also realize there are WCI members who are also ICarry members, and may even have been ICarry members first and I agree, they are within your rights to show up at any of these events and promote ICarry, but I'll have to agree with Nik, that doing so sends a confusing message that won't help the cause and it is unethical behavior.

WCI members are the ones who organized all but a few events in WI. WCI members are the ones who got "no-permit" carry into the GOP platform. WCI members have traveled the state from North to South and East to West to educate the public on carry rights in WI. WCI members stood in support of DA Fox in Jackson County. The list goes on and on. My point is, it is the membership and leadership of WCI that is advancing firearms rights in WI. I would hope everyone here can realize this and support those who are working for WI.

BTW blayze, thank your for your support as a founder member, it is MUCH appreciated.

blaze

I had hoped to avoid this type of strife, but now it's water over the dam.

Let's use the T-Party, or an AFLCIO gathering as an example. IF they invite me to come, speak, and garner business for my cause/organization then I will do just that. IF I am invited (public invited) to such a gathering, then I am there to show my support for those who organized the gathering. It would be unethical for me to promote my cause at their gathering.

I don't believe SAK had any ill will, but had he read the entire thread, we would have realized this was being organized by WCI members and at least one of the WCI BOD. In such a case, the ethical thing would be for WCI members to direct media to the organizer, SAK did not.

Last year, there was an OC picnic in Green Bay. They press was there, so was I. I shared lots of info with those who were in attendance but I purposely tried to avoid the press because I DIDN'T organize the event.

Now, IF we all put away the ICarry and WCI stuff and just look at this as an ordinary guy/gal, who isn't familiar with any of this gun rights stuff, and has never heard of WCI or ICarry, then the press writing about ICarry this, and ICarry that, and WCI was also there, absolutely makes it look like an Illinois organization came to Delevan, like ICarry did the leg work, and like it was an outside influence rather than locals. That IS the perception. Perception is everything ladies and gents, and right now the perception (outside our small forum community) is that this was organized by an Illinois organization.

All WCI members as well as the general public (including ICarry members) are welcome to attend these meet/greet things, the more the merrier and I also realize there are WCI members who are also ICarry members, and may even have been ICarry members first and I agree, they are within your rights to show up at any of these events and promote ICarry, but I'll have to agree with Nik, that doing so sends a confusing message that won't help the cause and it is unethical behavior.

WCI members are the ones who organized all but a few events in WI. WCI members are the ones who got "no-permit" carry into the GOP platform. WCI members have traveled the state from North to South and East to West to educate the public on carry rights in WI. WCI members stood in support of DA Fox in Jackson County. The list goes on and on. My point is, it is the membership and leadership of WCI that is advancing firearms rights in WI. I would hope everyone here can realize this and support those who are working for WI.

BTW blayze, thank your for your support as a founder member, it is MUCH appreciated.

You are the real deal Mr. Hoffman

I have had the priviledge of meeting and talking briefly with you a couple of times. While I respect you there are others in WCI membership who I believe have ulterior motives.

I agree with some of your statements and other statements that I do not. And I am sure alot of my posts in this thread are not agreeable with you.

You are correct in your assessment of this thread concerning your quote about water over the dam. The lines have been drawn, too many unforgiveable comments by both sides. Hopefully this thread starts a dramatic drop down the page. If not, I am afraid this thread will be preyed upon by the mainstream media. In particular, the Milwauke Journal Sentinel.

Spartacus

Banned
You need to step back and take a look at the things that are being said here. basically Spartacus is threatening that if Shaun shows up and makes any kind of statement or shows anyone an ICarry T-Shirt he is going to have a talk with him and it won't be nice either. He said it in his own post! You think that is any different then Blayze taking action?

Me saying I will talk to Shaun as opposed to Blayze threatening to call the cops at a meet-up? I would say those are quite different Gleason.

And I certainly can't speak for Nik but I don't blame him at all for not working with you. You are unhinged to say the least. Is that a personal attack? No. Just my observation.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I am glad that I am no part of the 'movement' in the wc Instance.

Ditto.

My last comment in this thread is that it was suggested in this thread and another that WCI should refund membership to a couple individuals. Not by those individuals, but by others.

If anyone would like a refund of their WCI membership, contact me and I will eagerly get a refund to you asap.

nik@wisconsincarry.org

M

McX

no request for a refund from me, i'm quite satisfied, best money i have invested ever. monthly oil change over-ride donation went out in the mail today in fact. maybe some of the arm chair warrriors on here should stop polluting threads, let's get down to business!

The Don

perspective

Spartacus, here are your comments related to you talking to SAK. Oldest on top, most recent on bottom. ***Note - I have edited the quoted text to remove anything not related to talking to Shaun (simply to save space), but I've not edited the content of the quoted text in any way.***

As I've been reading the thread, I too have had the distinct impression of an escalation in tone...to the point where looking at the comments as a whole seems to indicate a trend and can very easily be seen to as threatening.

I'm not saying you meant them that way, and I'm not commenting one way or the other if Blayze is right in his proposed course of action, or about anything related to ICarry. All I'm saying is whether you intended it or not, your comments, when viewed as a whole, have the appearance of threats and that makes it a bit easier to see where some of the others are coming from.

To be perfectly clear - I am specifically NOT trying to get involved in the turf war between WCI and ICarry, any personal disagreements, etc. I'm just attempting to provide some perspective.

I don't think I'm going to quite so polite and nice to SAK the next time we meet.

SAK should know better and the next time I see him we will come to an understanding.

As I said earlier, do what you want but if you horn in on another WI organized event without the sponsors blessing we will have words.

It WILL be my business if he comes uninvited to one of our events with his bag of goodies and I'm there.

all I have said is that I will have speaks with him if he tries it again and I'm not gonna be nice and smiley like last time.

M

McX

i've got no problem with shaun showing up to our events, i welcome him as a fellow carrier, if he wants to grab some press- that's ok too, push the plight of my brothers in illinois. were all big enough to share.

Spartacus

Banned
So whats your point Don besides wasting a good part of your morning sniffing around my posts.

I won't stand for Shaun horning in on Wisconsin events and I've made that as clear as I can without threatening him.

You conveniently leave out the posts where I invite hem here but ask him to leave his business at home.

You are just stirring up sh!t to no good purpose. Stand aside and let men who know what they are talking about deal with this.