• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Goofball Alert!

Sig229

Last edited:

simmonsjoe

**** that creep.

I pray to God nothing happens to that man, and that he leads a blessed and fortunate life.

That way when he dies, God owes him nothing for his few good deeds, having already repaid him in this world, and can shove him into hell with the heel of his foot.

JUMPOFFBRIDGE89

A little "JUST FOR MEN" beard dye, no baseball cap and no doped out look and i think we have ourselves another billy mayes but for god

Jack House

His opening statement is basically him saying that he should be killed. :lol:

"From the bible, there is only one reason to kill. That is to kill the people that rationalize a reason to kill"

0397.png

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Watching this clearly indicates this "man" knows little about either testament of the bible. Now I am no biblical scholar, but I do have a basic and logical understanding of such. He is way off base and is a classic example of someone who has spent some time to find ways to twist biblical teachings for the purpose of advancing his dogma. This has taken place throughout history. It is not the fault of Christianity or Judaism.. it's that fault of those who pervert the teachings to gain control and power for their evil designs.

To refuse to defend oneself in the face of a deadly encounter is a form of self-murder, which is an affront to God. If God didn't wish you to have such a fundamentally basis and essential instinct for self-preservation you not have that instinct of survival. However, all creatures have this instinct and for good reason.

There will probably be a few who will follow this nutcase. There are always "useful idiots" to further some cause along the path to destruction. His ilk are thankfully, few and far between.

rmansu2

I couldn't even bare to sit through a full video. If someone truly believes in the argument they are trying to make they shouldn't have to read it off of cue cards.

Ruby

I could only watch 2 minutes of the first video; I sat there with my mouth open amazed that anyone could be that ignorant!:banghead: Somewhere in the Bible I remember it said that one has a DUTY to protect oneself and loved ones. In the Talmud, I think it is a command. I also remember reading that the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill" was originally translated to mean " Thou shalt not commit murder." Self defense was not considered murder; murder being the wanton taking of another's life. He doesn't appear to be particularly intelligent.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I could only watch 2 minutes of the first video; I sat there with my mouth open amazed that anyone could be that ignorant!:banghead: Somewhere in the Bible I remember it said that one has a DUTY to protect oneself and loved ones. In the Talmud, I think it is a command. I also remember reading that the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill" was originally translated to mean " Thou shalt not commit murder." Self defense was not considered murder; murder being the wanton taking of another's life. He doesn't appear to be particularly intelligent.

You are correct in that Commandment, though I believe what it said was, "Thou shalt not do murder". Same thing in our current vernacular. And there is this. Jesus admonished his followers to sell a cloak and buy a sword if they did not have one. I wonder why he might have said this? Could it have been for something like (dare I say it)... self-preservation?

Fallschirjmäger

"From the bible, there is only one reason to kill. That is to kill the people that rationalize a reason to kill"]

Yeah, I noticed that too. "Killing's bad, so we should umm.... uh.... kill those who might kill."
I made it through less than 45-seconds. About the same amount of time I can stand vuvuzela music.

SlackwareRobert

Well technically he is right. There is no right to kill in self defense. You have the right to stop the attacker.

So I guess he advocates suicide by thug. And since he does, then why does he not let the thug have the same right to suicide by LAC? If he gets tax exempt status, I will be forming a BYOG church of self defense. "Render unto Caesar that which expands inside caesar."

zack991

Well i have been blocked by him for sending him a PM asking why the comments are blocked. I returned the favor.

Batousaii

in and of itself?

"From the bible, there is only one reason to kill. That is to kill the people that rationalize a reason to kill"

0397.png

Is that not a a rationalization for killing in and of itself? I mean, if your saying it's OK to kill, using the same justification mechanics, then, we would be back to square one right?
- Sounds VERY hypocritical to me.
:banghead:

rodbender

You are correct in that Commandment, though I believe what it said was, "Thou shalt not do murder". Same thing in our current vernacular. And there is this. Jesus admonished his followers to sell a cloak and buy a sword if they did not have one. I wonder why he might have said this? Could it have been for something like (dare I say it)... self-preservation?

It was because He knew that Peter would need one to cut off the ear of the soldier. Note that as soon as Peter said there is one here, Jesus said that it was good enough and they left.

Last edited: