• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pennsylvania open carier detained and searched for legal open carry audio link

Fallschirjmäger

Well controlled on your part.

As they went away I'd have been soooo tempted to give them a cheery "You boys have fun storming da castle."

Actually the title should say "on His part" but I typed it too fast... oh well.

Last edited:

Dreamer

OCing with headphones on is just BEGGING for trouble. Bad SA.

But other than that, he handled the situation pretty well...

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran

aadvark

In order to Carry a Firearm in The City of The First Class..., i.e. Philadelphia, one needs a LTCH.
In order to Carry a Firearm Concealed on your Person, or in a Motor Vehicle one needs a LTCH.
If He was not in Philadelphia, and His Firearm was not Concealed or in a Vehicle, then, He needs no Permit to Carry a Firearm Openly throughout The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Illegal Search and Seizure is a Violation of His Fourth Amendment Rights..., and the Carrying of a Firearm is not now, nor has ever been, an exception to His Fourth Amendment Rights.
He should Sue for Damages and He should also try to get a Court Injunction filed against the offending Law Enforcement Agency for Violating His Rights.

Last edited:

Deanimator

Even though this guy doesn't have a concealed weapons permit ....a carry permit only allows the gun to be loaded and "may" be concealed how does that work ?
The PA License to Carry a Firearm (LTCF) is just that, a license to CARRY a firearm. It does not mandate concealed or open. PA does not require ANY license to open carry, EXCEPT in Philadelphia. Concealed carry and carry in a vehicle require an LTCF.

To make a long story short, outside of Philly, you don't need ANYTHING to open carry. Anywhere in PA you need an LTCF to carry in a vehicle. In Philly, you need an LTCF to carry AT ALL.

t1m0thy

Even though this guy doesn't have a concealed weapons permit ....a carry permit only allows the gun to be loaded and "may" be concealed how does that work ?

As far as I know concealing a firearm is technically a crime. Having an LTCF is only an affirmative defense for the crime of carrying a concealed weapon. Open Carry on foot is unrestricted and not subject to any discrimination(except of course Philadelphia).