• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uberti Buntline - The handgun that's not.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Since we aren't allowed to discuss shotguns in belt scabbards, (which do not suffer from a lack of trigger guard coverage and could be carried exactly like a handgun,) I suppose Californians could carry the Uberti Buntline revolver if AB1934 passes or you want to not have to lock it in a case every time you drive.

1873_buntline_target.jpg

If the cylinder rotates counter-clockwise it might not be too slow to load. If it rotated clockwise it would probably take a long time. Does anyone know which way the cylinder rotates?

12001. (a) (1) As used in this title, the terms "pistol,"
"revolver," and "firearm capable of being concealed upon the person"
shall apply to and include any device designed to be used as a
weapon, from which is expelled a projectile by the force of any
explosion, or other form of combustion, and that has a barrel less
than 16 inches in length. These terms also include any device that
has a barrel 16 inches or more in length which is designed to be
interchanged with a barrel less than 16 inches in length.

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/revolver_carbine_and_buntline.php

Based on that definition it may not be a handgun under the CA penal code, although it would be under Federal Law.

Last edited:

wewd

Looks like an .88 Magnum!

[video=youtube;aQvtfHJZTUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvtfHJZTUc[/video]

SlackwareRobert

Hate to burst your bubble, but how do you register it as I am sure it isn't on the 'approved safe gun list'?
If you already had one I can see the advantage, but how do you get one new at this late date.
But we are talking komifornia, if more than 3 get bought they will pass a tax by the inch law to gouge you.

Paint it green and call it a pot plant to be safe. It smokes, and it will make your head float in the clouds,
and holds 6 buds.

wewd

If California doesn't consider it a handgun, which it doesn't appear to be under the state's own definition, then there is no need to register it. But even if it was, it's a single action revolver, and those are all exempt from the handgun roster. Look for a Ruger Blackhawk on the roster... You won't find one. But you can buy them everywhere.

wewd

You have to register handguns in california? Since when?

When you buy them, or when you bring them into the state. Registration on purchase (through the Dealer Record Of Sale system) is automatic. Those importing guns into the state are required to fill out and send in a Personal Importer form listing every handgun brought into the state within 60 days.

VFORVENDETTA

When you buy them, or when you bring them into the state. Registration on purchase (through the Dealer Record Of Sale system) is automatic. Those importing guns into the state are required to fill out and send in a Personal Importer form listing every handgun brought into the state within 60 days.

Do i have to register my tv, toaster, microwave and anything else with a serial number?

wewd

Do i have to register my tv, toaster, microwave and anything else with a serial number?

Probably not. I do appreciate and share your sarcasm, though. I fully support anyone wishing to engage in civil disobedience by not registering their firearms, but there are consequences for breaking the law. It is because of these consequences that I try to educate individuals on the mandates that the state has placed on them. Whether or not they choose to abide by them is their decision.

While I do not recognize the state's authority to govern and regulate individuals and their private property, I do recognize the uniformed agents who act as their armed enforcers. Laws are just made-up fictions written down on paper, but bullets and iron bars are very real.