• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry identification

M

McX

or on the back of a shirt; if you can read this, the criminal got shot, and fell off.

B

Bikenut

I wrote a big long post comparing OC "T" shirts to CC badges....... and decided that maybe, just maybe, this thread is one of those "just for fun" threads..........

at least I sure hope it is!

B

Bikenut

It is my opinion that OC "T" shirts with hopefully witty sayings on them are the same thing as CC badges.... juvenile and completely pointless.

It is also my opinion that if folks were to just carry the damn gun in a responsible manner as they go about their normal day that alone is more than enough of a statement. It is a statement of standing up for what is right regardless of what someone might think... so why spoil it with a "T" shirt message of sucking up to those who don't like it?

Not to mention that if someone doesn't like seeing a sidearm in plain view a witty "T" shirt isn't going to change their minds........ if they even happen to bother to read what it says.

Now the above is, as I said, my "opinion".... worth exactly what was paid for it.

eye95

It is my opinion that OC "T" shirts with hopefully witty sayings on them are the same thing as CC badges.... juvenile and completely pointless.

It is also my opinion that if folks were to just carry the damn gun in a responsible manner as they go about their normal day that alone is more than enough of a statement. It is a statement of standing up for what is right regardless of what someone might think... so why spoil it with a "T" shirt message of sucking up to those who don't like it?

Not to mention that if someone doesn't like seeing a sidearm in plain view a witty "T" shirt isn't going to change their minds........ if they even happen to bother to read what it says.

Now the above is, as I said, my "opinion".... worth exactly what was paid for it.

Exactly. Smart-ass does not change hearts and minds. It just gets those who already agree with you to applaud you. It's good for the ego and not much more.

Rationality, responsibility, and civility change hearts and minds.

Lord Sega

Better T-shirt

I want to make a shirt that reads:

GUN CONTROL

Sight picture, breathing, trigger squeeze = Tight grouping.
That's the only gun control necessary!

papa bear

i saw a t-shirt the other day in blacksburg, va i liked, it read "if i'm being smart, how would you know" .

i still think there is too much caffeine :shocker:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Exactly. Smart-ass does not change hearts and minds. It just gets those who already agree with you to applaud you. It's good for the ego and not much more.

Rationality, responsibility, and civility change hearts and minds.

I try to come up with things that are witty and useful. Like the whole star wars gag I posted.

Straight Logic, while it should, does not positively affect the minds of sheeple. It just doesn't.

It's tough not to want to throw things back in an anti's face, but it's far more effective to use their momentum against them. Kinda like a real fight. Alas, the skill of language is lost on the last 3 generations... Louder and unrelentingly obnoxious seems to be the new 'normal.'

"Why do you carry THAT?"
"Would a banana be more adequate?"

Learn to use it against them. Chicks dig it.

In fact, instead of an empty holster, I'm going to carry a banana in my holster from now on. It's because I'm a Jenius.

Last edited: