• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter sent today to Califirnia State Senate re: AB1934 - Please send yours too!!!

Livermoron

July 27, 2010

Honorable California State Senate Members
Sacramento, California

Jon Schwartz
xxxx xxxxx xxxx
Livermore, California xxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RE: Why you must oppose AB1934

Thank you for taking some valuable time out of your very busy schedule. I will not take much of your time and I only ask that you seriously consider what I have to tell you.

Assemblywoman Lori Saldana has presented for your review, and hopeful dismissal, a quite unnecessary and errant bill in AB1934. This bill is targeting only the law-abiding citizens of California. This bill does nothing to fight crime. This bill does not take guns out of the hands of gang members and other criminals. This bill does not stop any crime. This bill does not protect anyone.

Let me quickly tell you what this bill would actually do if you choose to vote yes. This bill, AB1934, would essentially make it illegal for you and me (law-abiding citizens) to safely carry an UNLOADED firearm in a public place. Venues such as National Parks, the shopping mall, or at a restaurant while spending time with your family; these would all become off limits to your firearm. Thus, you and I become easy targets for those that pay no heed to the laws of the state. This legal activity has been referred to as “Open Carry”. This practice is not new and has always been legal.

Saldana, while presenting her bill, has repeatedly made claims that she is concerned for the safety and well being of Californians. She has stated that she is afraid of what might happen to “innocent people” should a person make a mistake with a firearm in a public place. With this logic we should also be banning cars, small hard candies, late night TV, red meat, and teenage vampire novels.

If Assemblywoman Saldana wishes to help make California a safer place for Californians she should support law-abiding citizens natural right to self-defense. If that self-defense includes the legal carrying of a firearm, so be it. In all of Saldana’s speeches on the assembly floor and in public meetings related to AB1934 she has conspicuously left out a very, very important fact regarding Open Carry. That simple, and purposefully ignored, fact is that there is not a single documented case of a person legally carrying an unloaded firearm ever causing harm or property damage. That’s right. Not even one instance.

So why is this bill so important? Why is it needed so desperately? Why the push by Assemblywoman Saldana to so radically alter the California penal code? These are the questions you should ponder before casting your vote on the matter. Please vote no.

Sincerely,

Jon Schwartz

puppy8agun

Jon, Thank you for being such an outstanding representative of open carry. Your speech at the Veteran's Mem hall was well received. I am glad you are still in the movement and standing up for what you believe in. Take care// AH

July 27, 2010

Honorable California State Senate Members
Sacramento, California

Jon Schwartz
xxxx xxxxx xxxx
Livermore, California xxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RE: Why you must oppose AB1934

Thank you for taking some valuable time out of your very busy schedule. I will not take much of your time and I only ask that you seriously consider what I have to tell you.

Assemblywoman Lori Saldana has presented for your review, and hopeful dismissal, a quite unnecessary and errant bill in AB1934. This bill is targeting only the law-abiding citizens of California. This bill does nothing to fight crime. This bill does not take guns out of the hands of gang members and other criminals. This bill does not stop any crime. This bill does not protect anyone.

Let me quickly tell you what this bill would actually do if you choose to vote yes. This bill, AB1934, would essentially make it illegal for you and me (law-abiding citizens) to safely carry an UNLOADED firearm in a public place. Venues such as National Parks, the shopping mall, or at a restaurant while spending time with your family; these would all become off limits to your firearm. Thus, you and I become easy targets for those that pay no heed to the laws of the state. This legal activity has been referred to as “Open Carry”. This practice is not new and has always been legal.

Saldana, while presenting her bill, has repeatedly made claims that she is concerned for the safety and well being of Californians. She has stated that she is afraid of what might happen to “innocent people” should a person make a mistake with a firearm in a public place. With this logic we should also be banning cars, small hard candies, late night TV, red meat, and teenage vampire novels.

If Assemblywoman Saldana wishes to help make California a safer place for Californians she should support law-abiding citizens natural right to self-defense. If that self-defense includes the legal carrying of a firearm, so be it. In all of Saldana’s speeches on the assembly floor and in public meetings related to AB1934 she has conspicuously left out a very, very important fact regarding Open Carry. That simple, and purposefully ignored, fact is that there is not a single documented case of a person legally carrying an unloaded firearm ever causing harm or property damage. That’s right. Not even one instance.

So why is this bill so important? Why is it needed so desperately? Why the push by Assemblywoman Saldana to so radically alter the California penal code? These are the questions you should ponder before casting your vote on the matter. Please vote no.

Sincerely,

Jon Schwartz