• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield mo meet, greet, eat!

HYRYSC

Well, its around that time again where us Springfieldians (and the surrounding communities) need to meet up and hang out and fellowship.

I picked out the last place, so I will let someone else do it this time, but I am certainly in the mood for some sushi (hint).

heresyourdipstickjimmy

I don't know any of the sushi places that will be OC friendly. CCW friendly won't be a problem for most of them, but I'd be willing to bet we might be asked to leave or have the local yokels called for OC'ing. And we know how that went recently for one person from Spfld.

Here's some good ones I've been to:
O'Hana
Umi
Hinode
Nakato

HYRYSC

I have actually OC'ed in almost all of those (since if I am not sleeping or at work or church, I am OCing). Never get a second look.

goalseter88

how about nakato, on august 16th? arounjd 6:30? i tried geting hold of HYRYSC to see which would be good. but havent heard from him so i just ramdomly choose one since i only had sushi in KC and wasnt sure of these places. so let me know if this sounds good or if we should go somewhere else. or we dont even have to do sushi. is this to expensive for some ppl?

opencarryinmo

open carry site on facebook

hey guys remember the open carry in mo facebook site is on the web and running, come buy and post your stories, comments, and pics of you open carrying!! just look for open carry in mo site on face book and enjoy!!!

goalseter88

ok i talked to some ppl. and we came to change the place. since not everyone seems to like sushi. we kinda decided to go with buffalo wild wings on battlefield

place: buffalo wild wings bar and grill

900 E. battlefield st. springfield

time: 6:30pm

date: august 16th,2010

and a side note. here a link to the FB page that opencarryinmo was talking about

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-carry-in-missouri/133598193348572

goalseter88

I did a search of OCDC and got 3 pages of threads about Buffalo Wild Wings and their anti-gun policies.

i going to take a look into that. but i know ppl who have open carried there without a issue. but i will try to figure out their policies. that and i need to see how much food they serve. since i know CCW your not allowed to carry anywhere that makes half of their profit off alcholol. so i going to also look into that.

goalseter88

yah i called and a manager did say that they dont allow guns. but then i talked to others and they tell me they had no issues. one person even said they been there atleast 50 times( all OC carrying) and never once got in trouble, that most of the managers and workers know him and his family since he a frequent customer.

i figured we should just keep it ,and if they say where not allowed. there several resteraunts right near by, couple close enough you could walk to.

if you guys just want to change. tell me and a place that you want to change too that you know for sure will allow.

HYRYSC

I think that if you called just about anywhere and asked if you could carry a firearm into the establishment you would receive the same answer.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

yah i called and a manager did say that they dont allow guns. but then i talked to others and they tell me they had no issues. one person even said they been there atleast 50 times( all OC carrying) and never once got in trouble, that most of the managers and workers know him and his family since he a frequent customer.

i figured we should just keep it ,and if they say where not allowed. there several resteraunts right near by, couple close enough you could walk to.

if you guys just want to change. tell me and a place that you want to change too that you know for sure will allow.

Dowt!! :shocker:

Never make that phone call, it just encourages managers to make decisions that the owner should be making and we certainly don't want to put the idea in their heads. Best thing is to pull a manager aside while in CCW mode and ask a few questions on how to get hold of the owner, then ask about pro-2A and bringing business to them. We learned this hard lesson with the Battlefield Mall management...and they still cannot get their signage right, so we've abandoned the effort to change their minds and do not suggest that others make the effort to put the idea in another establishment's mind.

It's part of why the posting requirements are in the law. It's also why one should carry the no guns = no $ cards to hand to their managers and owners with the notification that they'll be placed on a nation wide boycott list.

It's even easier to get positive results if you know a pro-2A worker or manager at an establishment. That's an excellent foot in the door.

Don't forget, Grant's across from Lambert's is owned by a pro-2A individual. He would likely prefer we CCW if we have the permits to do so. I've never asked, so I cannot verify.

Last edited:

HYRYSC

Bummed, but I am not going to be able to meet tonight. My kids school is having a special thing to kick off the new school year that I just found out about. Would love to see everyone, but gotta take care of the fam first.

Look forward to seeing lots of new faces on the 4th at the IDPA shoot.

opencarryinmo

bummed

i too my work changed my hours today, i was so looking forward to the meet tonight, as well as the first show, but i have to cancel both. i will post new show time here soon.