• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on Carry in "No Firearms" area

Corst01

I've read the NC statutes on where I can carry and cannot carry and am clear on those... for the most part. But, one question has lodged itself in my head and I've not been able to find the answer as of yet. Apparently my Search-Fu is not good enough to find an answer here.

It pertains to carrying when on secondary school grounds. If I am OC and need to pick up my child at the local school, how do I handle this? I'm not getting out of my vehicle, just pulling into the lot and waiting for a few minutes until he comes out.

I cannot place my gun in the glove compartment (still awaiting my CCP) as it's now concealed, plus I'd still have a gun on school premises.

Is the only solution to stop back at home to disarm prior to entering school grounds, or is there another way to remain in compliance with the law?

Thanks for the help.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Stupid Law.

This law needs to be changed/repealed. It does absolutely nothing to make students & staff safer. Some states have provisions that allow one to still keep a firearm in the vehicle when dropping off or picking up students - that would be a nice start, since I don't see us adopting Utah's laws any time soon.