Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Republican Liberty Caucus Endorses Mark Neumann.

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Republican Liberty Caucus Endorses Mark Neumann.

    I view the RLC as the next best thing to a Libertarian so I thought it was important that they are endorsing Neumann.

    Here's their endorsed candidate list for Wisconsin:

    http://www.rlc.org/about/chapters/wi/2010-wi/

    Here is their statment of priciples. They are basically a Libertarian wing of the GOP.

    http://www.rlc.org/about/statement-of-principles/
    "We support the original intent of an individual right to keep and bear arms." A little room for interpretation there but I think they are the good guys.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 08-02-2010 at 01:00 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    I view the RLC as the next best thing to a Libertarian so I thought it was important that they are endorsing Neumann.

    Here's their endorsed candidate list for Wisconsin:

    http://www.rlc.org/about/chapters/wi/2010-wi/

    Here is their statment of priciples. They are basically a Libertarian wing of the GOP.

    http://www.rlc.org/about/statement-of-principles/
    "We support the original intent of an individual right to keep and bear arms." A little room for interpretation there but I think they are the good guys.
    +1000

  3. #3
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    -10000 Neumann from his Janesville days.
    I think the "+1,000's" were more for the RLC's Statment of Principles than for Neumann.

    Anyway, to each their own. I only trust a small handfull of politicians so an endorsment by an organization whose principles I belive in is about the best I can do most of the time.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  5. #5
    McX
    Guest
    so we voting for this guy, or not?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    so we voting for this guy, or not?
    Right now, unless a serious Libertarian jumps in, Neumann has my vote
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 08-04-2010 at 01:40 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    Right now, unless a serious Libertarian jumps in, Neumann has my vote
    +10000

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    mid south but not madison , , USA
    Posts
    232

    explain please

    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    -10000 Neumann from his Janesville days.
    i would be interested to know why you have posted this three times... who do you see as the best cantidate for gov here and why?
    Last edited by BerettaFS92Custom; 08-04-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: keyboard FTE lol

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    mid south but not madison , , USA
    Posts
    232

    MCX vote

    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    so we voting for this guy, or not?
    well he is the LESSER of the evils as i see it. there is never ever one perfect cantidate so he gets my vote by the sheet or by write in i do not want any milwaukee in the governor position if it can be helped

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by BerettaFS92Custom View Post
    i would be interested to know why you have posted this three times... who do you see as the best cantidate for gov here and why?
    Yes, really. Don't you have something better to do?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    mid south but not madison , , USA
    Posts
    232

    Lol!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Yes, really. Don't you have something better to do?
    apparently NOT blayze can you answer my question? i am very curious as to who is the best cantidate for govenor here........

  12. #12
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    -10000 Neumann from his Janesville days.
    You have made your point. Stop flooding the thread.


    John

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    178
    Here is a comparison of the three candidates for Governor in Wisconsin in terms of firearms rights issues:

    http://markforgov.com/candidate/compare2ndamendment

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    A few of us guys were at a meet and greet with Mr. Neumann in La Crosse today and I have to say I was fairly impressed with the man.

    He is not a career politician, but rather a businessman and educator who decries the present political agenda of big government; increased spending and taxation. He was also forcefully vocal on supporting our 2A rights and claimed that he would sign any reasonable CC bill that landed on his desk.

    Based on what I saw and heard he has my vote and I'm not easily impressed...

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Walker all the way.
    Say what?

    "1999: Walker was FOR concealed carry, as he proposed Assembly Bill 605. 2

    1999: Walker was AGAINST concealed carry, as he voted against Assembly Bill 605. 3

    * Assembly Bill 605: "This bill creates a procedure by which a person may apply to a county sheriff for a license to carry a concealed weapon. Such a license authorizes a person to carry a concealed weapon anywhere in this state except in particular places specified under the bill." 4

    2001: Walker was AGAINST concealed carry, as he voted against Assembly Bill 675. 5

    * Assembly Bill 675: "This bill creates a procedure by which a person may apply to a county sheriff for a license to carry a concealed weapon. Such a license authorizes a person to carry a concealed weapon anywhere in this state except in particular places specified under the bill." 6

    2006: Walker was FOR concealed carry while running in the Republican primary for Governor.

    * Walker said: "As Governor, I will sign into law the Personal Protection Act that will give Wisconsin residents with proper training and a permit the same rights that residents in 46 other states have to protect themselves, their families and their property." 7

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    mid south but not madison , , USA
    Posts
    232

    Spartacus +10000

    L M F A O ! I knew it that is hilarious. About as ANTI GUN as you can get too much fun on the reply

    Walker is a Waffler like Brent Favor walker will be anti gun. i sure hope Mark wins or we will lose.... or at least have a big uphill lengthy drawn out way to get the bill thru.

    CC he will sign "with proper training etc..." it is a RIGHT not a privelige to have a gun. he want to tax us for the RIGHT top carry concealed.

    hell he may tax us for OC as well then! I compare him to barrett except he knows how to schmooze us to vote for him.

    i am writing in Neumann if walker wins the primary regardelss of what the naysayers say
    Last edited by BerettaFS92Custom; 08-04-2010 at 07:51 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oak Creek
    Posts
    66
    Neumann is better for what we believe in but lets be realistic he is not going to beat walker in the primary. Even if we all go vote for him. Barret is the numb nutts we have to defeat in November! Dont just write in Neumann that takes a vote away from someone that will be better for our cause then Barret.
    Last edited by turbojohn41; 08-05-2010 at 10:05 AM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojohn41 View Post
    Dont just write in Neumann that takes a vote away from someone that will be better for or cause then Barret.
    I would have to agree with that. If Walker wins we have to swallow and smile...

  19. #19
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I would have to agree with that. If Walker wins we have to swallow and smile...


    +10000


    Vote your conscience during the primary, vote the lesser of 2 evils during the general election.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    mid south but not madison , , USA
    Posts
    232

    agree

    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    +10000


    Vote your conscience during the primary, vote the lesser of 2 evils during the general election.
    i totally agree i was somewhat off the cuff but i do not really like walker so you both ((paul@paul-fisher and Spartacus)) are correct lesser of the two evils but neumann may hopefull suprise us all

    ok i am off this post now no need to go further
    Last edited by BerettaFS92Custom; 08-04-2010 at 10:12 PM.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481
    I am not so sure that If Barrett was to win he would have the clout to veto a ccw bill and not have his veto over ridden by the state senate. I think even if Barrett were to win the Republicans will have the over whelming majority in the house.
    I am not saying I want Barrett to win as Tom the Taxer has already done enough damage to this state. But as a governor I think he would be a weak governor at best.

    Grab your popcorn and refreshments this is going to be one hell of an election
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 08-04-2010 at 11:45 PM.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    mid south but not madison , , USA
    Posts
    232

    agree

    Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    I am not so sure that If Barrett was to win he would have the clout to veto a ccw bill and not have his veto over ridden by the state senate. I think even if Barrett were to win the Republicans will have the over whelming majority in the house.
    I am not saying I want Barrett to win as Tom the Taxer has already done enough damage to this state. But as a governor I think he would be a weak governor at best.

    Grab your popcorn and refreshments this is going to be one hell of an election
    John, i totally agree with you on your statement, except that if barrett were to win even though he is a weak person in office we should remember that diamond jim could operate in the background and help him use the "frankenstein veto" and do the same thing doyle did in vetoing the CCW ( which i am glad did not actually pass). then it is 4 more years of a doyle like gobernator and that we do not need in Wisconsin.

  23. #23
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by BerettaFS92Custom View Post
    John, i totally agree with you on your statement, except that if barrett were to win even though he is a weak person in office we should remember that diamond jim could operate in the background and help him use the "frankenstein veto" and do the same thing doyle did in vetoing the CCW ( which i am glad did not actually pass). then it is 4 more years of a doyle like gobernator and that we do not need in Wisconsin.
    Right on. If we don't pay attention any governor can butcher a gun rights bill. The line item veto is a very poisonous and dangerous thing, no governor should have that kind of power. It is up to us to make sure that our voices are not ignored.

  24. #24
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    so we voting for this guy, or not?
    For me, NOT

    I remember Mr Neuman from his days in congress.

  25. #25
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    For me, NOT

    I remember Mr Neuman from his days in congress.
    I don't so I guess you need to ask yourself one question. Which is worse, Neuman or Barrett?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •