• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Republican Liberty Caucus Endorses Mark Neumann.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I view the RLC as the next best thing to a Libertarian so I thought it was important that they are endorsing Neumann.

Here's their endorsed candidate list for Wisconsin:

http://www.rlc.org/about/chapters/wi/2010-wi/

Here is their statment of priciples. They are basically a Libertarian wing of the GOP.

http://www.rlc.org/about/statement-of-principles/
"We support the original intent of an individual right to keep and bear arms." A little room for interpretation there but I think they are the good guys.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
I view the RLC as the next best thing to a Libertarian so I thought it was important that they are endorsing Neumann.

Here's their endorsed candidate list for Wisconsin:

http://www.rlc.org/about/chapters/wi/2010-wi/

Here is their statment of priciples. They are basically a Libertarian wing of the GOP.

http://www.rlc.org/about/statement-of-principles/
"We support the original intent of an individual right to keep and bear arms." A little room for interpretation there but I think they are the good guys.

+1000

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
-10000 Neumann from his Janesville days.
I think the "+1,000's" were more for the RLC's Statment of Principles than for Neumann.

Anyway, to each their own. I only trust a small handfull of politicians so an endorsment by an organization whose principles I belive in is about the best I can do most of the time.

Spartacus

Banned
A few of us guys were at a meet and greet with Mr. Neumann in La Crosse today and I have to say I was fairly impressed with the man.

He is not a career politician, but rather a businessman and educator who decries the present political agenda of big government; increased spending and taxation. He was also forcefully vocal on supporting our 2A rights and claimed that he would sign any reasonable CC bill that landed on his desk.

Based on what I saw and heard he has my vote and I'm not easily impressed...

Spartacus

Banned
Walker all the way.

Say what?

"1999: Walker was FOR concealed carry, as he proposed Assembly Bill 605. 2

1999: Walker was AGAINST concealed carry, as he voted against Assembly Bill 605. 3

* Assembly Bill 605: "This bill creates a procedure by which a person may apply to a county sheriff for a license to carry a concealed weapon. Such a license authorizes a person to carry a concealed weapon anywhere in this state except in particular places specified under the bill." 4

2001: Walker was AGAINST concealed carry, as he voted against Assembly Bill 675. 5

* Assembly Bill 675: "This bill creates a procedure by which a person may apply to a county sheriff for a license to carry a concealed weapon. Such a license authorizes a person to carry a concealed weapon anywhere in this state except in particular places specified under the bill." 6

2006: Walker was FOR concealed carry while running in the Republican primary for Governor.

* Walker said: "As Governor, I will sign into law the Personal Protection Act that will give Wisconsin residents with proper training and a permit the same rights that residents in 46 other states have to protect themselves, their families and their property." 7