• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Light And/Or Laser

NRAMARINE

I have crimson trace lasergrips and a Glock weapon light on my G19. Same principal as a condom. Better to have it, the lasergrips are very user friendly.

Genken

As far as the light goes, I highly recommend a light that uses an LED, as opposed to other types of lamps. My experience in Iraq was when the battery was starting to get a little low, other lamps would turn yellowish, sometimes making it hard to distinguish things. The LED lights that I have however, just get dimmer, but stay white. Plus with LED, you wont burn out a lamp and have to replace it.

As far as lasers, I don't personally use one, but I've heard good things about the Crimson Trace lasergrips. You could also look into those laser spring guide rod's. No experience with them, and haven't heard much about them.

NRAMARINE

You can't adjust the guide rod lasers and they require altering the gun. ( slide catch on a glock) however you can adjust the lasergrip and all you do on most is install new grips. On a glock it slides over the grip and is held with a slightly longer trigger pin. Easy.

Fallschirjmäger

It's a PS90TR, so no guide rods to worry about.
images

The least expensive solution is a laser that will fit on the side rails.
The most eloquent solution is an internal laser.
Check out FiveseveN.com for some interesting info on the subject.

images

Last edited:

Genken

The thing with IR is, from my experience, only worth it if you have some form of night vision. And having used AN/PVS-7's and AN/PVS-14's (Both eyes looking through a single tube, and the monocular, respectively), I wouldn't want to use some sort of night vision device in a close quarters scenario if I can help it. Massive lack of peripheral vision, as well as a lack of depth perception. I've almost broken my ankles on open, uneven desert terrain many a night while using them.

I would personally go with the 1200 lumen LED one. Because that is a bright little light, and it will BLIND anyone. So in actuality, it would double as a non-lethal means of getting someone to stop as well. Just don't rely on it to do that. Anyone that is determined to take your life might not be deterred by being temporarily blinded.

Just my observations.

NRAMARINE

Lasers are also useful when a proper sight picture is impossible. Such as complete darkness or having to fire from cover. Just a thought.