• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I love this bar and grill - Great Lakes Crossing

sprinklerguy28

I just spoke with the attorney for I Love this bar and grill. We discussed the laws of Michigan in regards to carry. He is going to pull numbers for alcohol vs. food, and set up a time next week for a conference call between him, myself, and the ownership. No guarantees but I give them credit for the willingness to discuss this.

Slave

Good. I like that place, but hate that I had to disarm just to eat there.

Also, I noticed that only 1 entrance to that place has a "No Firearms" sign the last time I was there (early summer/late spring).

Be careful, I posted that there was a sign, and I got called a troll and flamed, and made fun of.

That ONE sign is indeed there, and my wife even asked me not two days ago if we could carry there yet, because she saw more than one sign.

That sign does not exist, but the first rule of OCDO in Michigan, WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE SIGN AT GLC.

That's asking stainless 1911 and the other board wardens to deem you an idiotic troll liberal who needs to be put down!

eastmeyers

Be careful, I posted that there was a sign, and I got called a troll and flamed, and made fun of.

That ONE sign is indeed there, and my wife even asked me not two days ago if we could carry there yet, because she saw more than one sign.

That sign does not exist, but the first rule of OCDO in Michigan, WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE SIGN AT GLC.

That's asking stainless 1911 and the other board wardens to deem you an idiotic troll liberal who needs to be put down!

I doubt this is a quote, and if this was indeed you whom came up with this saying you deserve major credit as it is absolutely hilarious and needs to be used more often (only in sarcastic terms obviously).

Also I believe if memory serves correctly the discussion before was that you implied that GLX as a whole was not firearm friendly. I will try to cite the thread momentarily if I can find it, I don't exactly like the search feature in this new forum.

Yup here it is
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?73856-No-more-firearms-at-the-Great-Lake-Crossings (bam)
Your title is:
No more firearms at the Great Lake Crossings
And your entire OP is:
icon1.png
imported post

On both entrances, they now have the no firearms signs posted.

Too bad, they lost my business.​

This was de-bunked by many on here, I believe the first was stainless1911, I also took a drive up their and took a look for myself, while OCin, and I didn't see any signs on actuall mall entrances.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
You claimed that the sign was at GLX, I verified that it was untrue. There may be a sign at the bar, but I don't go to bars, so I cant say Ive seen it or not. I can say that it isnt visible from any of the entry points.

SH28. thanks and good luck. Try to bring up the fact that Toby Keith is supposed to be for God guns and guts and all that, and that by prohibiting firearms, he is being two faced.

Slave

I am breaking the rule again, but the poster above me saw the same sign on the same door. There is a sign on one door, and it got me flamed by you and a few other people.

I can't help if that sign was there, I haven't been back since that day, as I bought some mail ordered miniatures (remember me going to games workshop and buying some miniatures, I got called names for having that hobby also).

That sign may not be there now, but it was there then.

Ok, I am going back to obeying the first rule, I would hate to get put back into liberal, antigun, hating troll country.

Edit: I thought that Toby Keith was progun also. I know he is supposedly pro God and country, but those are separate issue.

Last edited:

eastmeyers

that Toby Keith was progun also. I know he is supposedly pro God and country, but those are separate issue.

Isn't he one of the BIG troop supporters always doing USO tours? If so which I am pretty sure he is, he is aces in my book.

Adit to add:
[video=youtube;TTMS3sHKG4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTMS3sHKG4Y[/video]

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I am breaking the rule again, but the poster above me saw the same sign on the same door. There is a sign on one door, and it got me flamed by you and a few other people.

I can't help if that sign was there, I haven't been back since that day, as I bought some mail ordered miniatures (remember me going to games workshop and buying some miniatures, I got called names for having that hobby also).

That sign may not be there now, but it was there then.

Ok, I am going back to obeying the first rule, I would hate to get put back into liberal, antigun, hating troll country.

Edit: I thought that Toby Keith was progun also. I know he is supposedly pro God and country, but those are separate issue.

Either the sign exists or it doesn't. But does it really matter to anyone but the people who see it?? If I saw the sign, yes I certainly would bring it to management's attention that it is not conducive to good business, so no problem in fighting it once it is seen as it would serve as notice that I could not carry.

But my eyesight generally becomes very poor walking in from the bright sunshine into a restaurant or lounge. I am not going to actively search for a sign prohibiting me from carrying. I prefer really not to know if a sign exists or not until such time that it is brought to my attention by the staff.

In fact, there is a licensee in GR that has a great burger and I often go for a burger and a coke when I am in the area. I've carried concealed there for years and in the last 2 years have carried openly because, a while back, I made the mistake of asking if they made more money off food or off liquor by the glass. The manager thought that it would be close so, better safe than sorry... so now I exclusively OC there.

One time, another patron, upon seeing my firearm, tried to tell me that there was a sign there, but I don't believe just anyone. I asked the waitress if there was a sign, and she didn't know. She said that she would check, and I told her "please don't". But, she said, if there was she knows me from coming in for years, so it would be ok. I told her that I didn't know anything about a sign and, since no one seemed to have a problem with me OCing, I was going to continue to do so, so there was no need to look or to ask. She laughed... perhaps thinking I was just making some sort of joke. But it really comes down to this: Why on earth would I go look for something which the knowledge of would serve as notice and obligate me to not carry??

Last edited:

scot623

Sprinklerguy28, Thanks for taking the steps to bring Michigan's firearm laws to the attention of I Love This Bar management. It's always easier to bark about not going into a business because of their NO FIREARMS policy(or ignore it and CC anyways), rather than working to change their minds. I appreciate your efforts.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Slave, its nothing personal man, if you arent a lib, or troll, then fine. there is no problem. I hope you can understand why what happened, happened. We get that kind of activity here now and then, and we try to keep it in check. Hunting trolls is great fun though.

wolverine1856

Sprinklerguy28, Thanks for taking the steps to bring Michigan's firearm laws to the attention of I Love This Bar management. It's always easier to bark about not going into a business because of their NO FIREARMS policy(or ignore it and CC anyways), rather than working to change their minds. I appreciate your efforts.

X2!!!

I would love to enjoy some "freedom fries" as I have not been back since the spring when I realized they had an issue with legal carry.

Looking forward to going back if they reverse the policy!

kyleplusitunes

Slave, its nothing personal man, if you arent a lib, or troll, then fine. there is no problem. I hope you can understand why what happened, happened. We get that kind of activity here now and then, and we try to keep it in check. Hunting trolls is great fun though.

maybe not a troll, but a whiner for sure.

Slave

LOL! Whatever you say sweetie(kyleplusitunes).

Fair enough Stainless, I just wanted to warn him before he got clobbered. Making a mistake around here (which I did not, as there is someone else who saw that sign, like I said) gets people flamed big time.

Also, it makes you a whiner too? Good times.

Last edited:

kyleplusitunes

just to clarify, the post your referencing was titled almost verbatim "GLX NO LONGER OC FRIENDLY"

you said all of GLX was off limits, when you were corrected you proceeded to have hurt feelings, which still are apparent in this post.

autosurgeon

just to clarify, the post your referencing was titled almost verbatim "GLX NO LONGER OC FRIENDLY"

you said all of GLX was off limits, when you were corrected you proceeded to have hurt feelings, which still are apparent in this post.

Yep you are correct Kyle.

And Slave you have to grow a thicker skin! We are not interested in hearsay around here.. If you see a sign make sure what it applies too and take a picture if possible.

No one one is busting your chops we just like accuracy as someones freedom may be at stake!

kyleplusitunes

You have no idea the crap I have put up with from people around here.

the amount of crap I give you (because you know we don't see eye to eye on a majority of things) alone is enough to probably make the average user stop posting.

as much as I don't always like you, you take everything that happens here in stride and remain as professional as you can, which is one thing I do like about you.

PDinDetroit

You have no idea the crap I have put up with from people around here.

Post about stupid stuff, like willfully breaking the law, and people here will take you to task. It has happened to all us from time to time and rightfully so. You could also view it as people do not want you to get into trouble, so they speak up (IE - they care). If they didn't care in some way, shape or form, then they would just ignore you.