• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pay attention to state supreme court picks

Dave Workman

Focus on Kagan shows importance of good justices on WA Supreme Court

If Kagan is confirmed to the high court, as is predicted thanks to at least five Senate Republicans, citizens interested in protecting their firearm civil rights may want to pay closer attention to who sits on their state’s supreme court. Thanks to the authors of Washington’s constitution, the individual right to bear arms is well protected, but that does not guarantee that it will not be eroded.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...portance-of-good-justices-on-WA-Supreme-Court

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/25ytw7u

Squeak

Good article, Dave. I agree with you on the voting issue you mentioned. Many people that don't vote are usually the ones that complain the most. I made mention on the forum once; 'if you don't vote, you loose the right to complain.' Boy, did I hear about it! Some even bragged about not voting. But, I will still stand behind what I said.

Dave Workman

Good article, Dave. I agree with you on the voting issue you mentioned. Many people that don't vote are usually the ones that complain the most. I made mention on the forum once; 'if you don't vote, you loose the right to complain.' Boy, did I hear about it! Some even bragged about not voting. But, I will still stand behind what I said.

You said it.
I get seriously pissed at the loudmouth gomers who constantly complain about this politician or that one, and then demand to know "Why didn't the NRA do something?"
As if the NRA (or SAF, CCRKBA etc) are supposed to carry their water.

Sometimes such people have the audacity to wonder why I'm not working 24-7-365 when they're too damned lazy to fill out a simple ballot and send it in..

Losers.

Now, about winners... we've got to make sure Johnson and Sanders win these elections. The libs want them gone, especially Johnson. He's a brilliant guy, tough and he understands the law. His "dissent" on Sieyes was eye-popping.

Squeak

The Sound Politics group has put together this data base so you can check to see if your neighbors or family actually vote.

DATABASE

No, I really think that info is anybody's business. I just don't like 'fence sitters' waiting to see which way the wind blows, then make a decision. You are either the problem or a solution to the problem.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
No, I really think that info is anybody's business. I just don't like 'fence sitters' waiting to see which way the wind blows, then make a decision. You are either the problem or a solution to the problem.

This is public information. It is supposed to keep integrity in the system...so dead people and felons can't vote.... except for Governor of course....

Beretta92FSLady

Another absolutist--nature sure makes a lot of these.

SCOTUS is going to have a liberal replace a liberal. Hopefully locally we will all get out there this election and exercise our vote, I know I will.

Dead people should not be allowed to vote. Felons should be allowed to vote.

Last edited:

Squeak

Another absolutist--nature sure makes a lot of these.

Hmmmmmmmm! That's pretty neat! I'm a gun-nut, hillbilly, redneck, biker, christian, veteran, welder, crazy, and now an ABSOLUTIST! I am getting quite a few titles! I like it!
Now back to the topic at hand; thanks for alerting us on the judge race,Dave. I, for one, wasn't aware of some of the people running for this position.

Trigger Dr

Justice Sanders had a campaign table next to my table at the WAC show a couple months back. I had the opportunity to speak with him for a couple of hours. We covered a multitude of subjects, some of them in depth, others lightly skimmed over. The longest discussion was concerning our rights, particularly firearms and the 2nd.
HE IS THE ONE we need on the bench.

gsx1138

Justice Sanders had a campaign table next to my table at the WAC show a couple months back. I had the opportunity to speak with him for a couple of hours. We covered a multitude of subjects, some of them in depth, others lightly skimmed over. The longest discussion was concerning our rights, particularly firearms and the 2nd.
HE IS THE ONE we need on the bench.

I gave both him and Johnson my vote. I've got to say I mostly went Republican this year because of the piss poor job the Democrats have done in our State. But there was a few Democrats sprinkled in there. They're not all bad.