• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet our families

damienrr

Not all participants will share the same level of dedication nor have the financial freedom and /or time to donate to the effort that others may have.

All should be embraced equally IMHO - your strength will come not only from the dedicated, but from the shear volume of your numbers - as you grow, so will your "muscle."

Accommodation and spreading the activities can have benefits. Pay attention to and address the "hot spots" as required. Lots of things to consider - no easy answer.

See a lot to be proud of in you guys and gals.

Your right Grapeshot. Where ever Shane decides to have the next gathering I will be there. Hopefully bring a few friends.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
It's an interesting area for sure. My main concern is someone not realizing that they are in a no-carry zone. Not necessarily the place that the event is being held, but when person A or B leave the event and want to check out the city on their own... We need to be very careful about when and where we have events, especially MOCA sanctioned events. On a second thought I think that we need to do more than simply stand around talking for 30 minutes than go to lunch haha... There needs to be activities/events when we do our next event for the kids, families and perhaps the general public. Any ideas/suggestions? We need to somehow being the public into our little circle instead of doing smaller quieter spliced events. I'm not talking about saying anything to the media, but perhaps fliers around town, word of mouth... although I'm still not sure what exactly we could do??

damienrr

It's an interesting area for sure. My main concern is someone not realizing that they are in a no-carry zone. Not necessarily the place that the event is being held, but when person A or B leave the event and want to check out the city on their own... We need to be very careful about when and where we have events, especially MOCA sanctioned events. On a second thought I think that we need to do more than simply stand around talking for 30 minutes than go to lunch haha... There needs to be activities/events when we do our next event for the kids, families and perhaps the general public. Any ideas/suggestions? We need to somehow being the public into our little circle instead of doing smaller quieter spliced events. I'm not talking about saying anything to the media, but perhaps fliers around town, word of mouth... although I'm still not sure what exactly we could do??

How about a free car wash? As long as i dont get my sidearm wet. Or maybe a food drive for the hungry around thanksgiving. Toy drive for the poor around Christmas. Stuff like that to help the community and give us good press.

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

I have suggested before raising money for repair of headstones of long lost veterans. There's always some town that would be willing take money.

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

well i drove to arcadia and back to my home in s. portland in one day. it was 386 miles. have you heard me once bitching and moaning about driving. ill just about go any where for moca! saw all kinds of new faces in sanford.apparently i didnt see your.

I was there my friend. Need to be careful how you respond on the board to easy take things the wrong way. We need all the support we can get right now.

damienrr

I have suggested before raising money for repair of headstones of long lost veterans. There's always some town that would be willing take money.

I have a nice pressure washer to clean headstones. That would be a good idea. Anything for our vets. And I would like to thank you Forrest for your service to our Country. And thank you to any other vet that visits this forum.

jonjon_jon

Does anyone know how many active members are from maine? Just me being curious?

Shane I agree with you there needs to be another way to get the word out about events even when I tell friends where they can find the information, lots of people in my age group aren't very computer savey.

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Does anyone know how many active members are from maine? Just me being curious?

Shane I agree with you there needs to be another way to get the word out about events even when I tell friends where they can find the information, lots of people in my age group aren't very computer savey.
Membership is currently being implemented, should be able 1-2 weeks. And we're working on that problem currently. Ideas are fliers as well as a tiered calling system. ideas/opinions?

damienrr

Membership is currently being implemented, should be able 1-2 weeks. And we're working on that problem currently. Ideas are fliers as well as a tiered calling system. ideas/opinions?

What about an annual sportsman competition of some sort sponsored by MOCA? If we could get range time @ Scarborough Rod & Gun Club to go along. Awesome range, LEOs from all over southern Maine use it. Would probably draw in tons of members. Rent tables @ Gun Shows. Let me know as soon as you are ready to accept apps. for membership. Me and my wife want to become official members.