Thread: I Am Not A Cop, I Am Not A Burglar.

I Am Not A Cop, I Am Not A Burglar.

This audio was recorded at Wendy's in Onalaska, WI on Monday 8-2-2010. When I listen to the audio I have to laugh at the kid. But then I realized that the kid couldn't get past only cops and criminals have guns. With an adult I can usually get some basic understanding of why, while sharing a pamphlet. I wish I had some sort of basic pamphlet for the kids.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10110429...67750022244210

That is awesome, you were no doubt the topic of conversation on the way home. If we get the discussion started one at a time we will continue to bring awareness to oc. Well done my friend, carry on and carry proud.

Banned
    Very nicely done KD6. Winning hearts and minds one person at a time is how this battle will be won.

Haha that was great!
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    I wish I had some sort of basic pamphlet for the kids.
    First, I echo what the others have said. A good interaction, bound to elicit questions from the kid to his parents, etc. That is a good thing.

It all makes sense when you think about it, and also demonstrates what rights-minded people are up against. Decades of entrenched indoctrination that only cops or crooks have guns.

Kids play "cops and robbers" You are either a cop or a robber. They think in very black and white terms.

In a kids mind, you have to be one or the other.

The only other thing I can think of (after mulling it for a few minutes) would be to tell the kid you are a "good guy". Sometimes when kids play, they do use "good guys vs bad guys".
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    First, I echo what the others have said. A good interaction, bound to elicit questions from the kid to his parents, etc. That is a good thing.

It all makes sense when you think about it, and also demonstrates what rights-minded people are up against. Decades of entrenched indoctrination that only cops or crooks have guns.

Kids play "cops and robbers" You are either a cop or a robber. They think in very black and white terms.

In a kids mind, you have to be one or the other.

The only other thing I can think of (after mulling it for a few minutes) would be to tell the kid you are a "good guy". Sometimes when kids play, they do use "good guys vs bad guys".
    John Pierce has written a book for kids about OC. It would be great if we could come up with a short version pamphlet that would get the message to kids and help them understand.

Quote Originally Posted by kd6sxa View Post
    This audio was recorded at Wendy's in Onalaska, WI on Monday 8-2-2010. When I listen to the audio I have to laugh at the kid. But then I realized that the kid couldn't get past only cops and criminals have guns. With an adult I can usually get some basic understanding of why, while sharing a pamphlet. I wish I had some sort of basic pamphlet for the kids.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10110429...67750022244210
    Get some copies of Mr. Pierce's book to hand out....
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

LOL You are a BUR-GA-LUR.....

Made me laugh.

Any of my kids would have asked why you carry that model, in what caliber....

bhancock
    Nice job Kd6. Keep up the good work. Carry On.

The kid was cute, and remarkably persistent.

How about this: "I'm a regular person who wants to protect himself. Do you see any police here to protect me? (no) Well, then I have to be ready to protect myself, right?"

(Yeah, I know, I know, "police don't have to protect us". Most of them will try, though, if they see a problem happening. And it's something a kid can understand.)