Thread: WA resident can I OC in Oregon?

WA resident can I OC in Oregon?

I am a CPL holder in WA. I know that there is no recipriocity between oregon and washington. The wife and I are headed to Cannon Beach on Thursday for 4 days. Can I OC there legally? We will be bouncing from Cannon Beach to Seaside.

kenzmad

you can open carry anywhere in oregun , except where it is illegal...

What Teddybear means is that Oregon STATE allows open carry, but unlike Washington State, Oregon also allows local governments to further restrict firearms. Certain cities have codes that state you cannot loaded open carry without a concealed carry permit. Portland and Beaverton are a couple, there are several more. Hope this info helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SargentMac View Post
    What Teddybear means is that Oregon STATE allows open carry, but unlike Washington State, Oregon also allows local governments to further restrict firearms. Certain cities have codes that state you cannot loaded open carry without a concealed carry permit. Portland and Beaverton are a couple, there are several more. Hope this info helps.
    that is what I have been reading. can go somewhere cocked and locked but cant go other places loaded. do any of you know about the seaside, cannon beach area? if it is too confusing I won't carry but I hate not being armed. what are the penalties for OCing loaded in a no loaded area.

kenzmad