• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Election day

B

Bikenut

Please cite the law (or is it a lack thereof?) both federal and state that pertains to firearms in polling places?

fozzy71

OC'd on my bicycle to a doctor's office on 10 mile today, no issues, not even a single comment. I even got a chuckle from the nurse when I told her to subtract 3# from the scale for my gun/ammo. :D

Looks like I found a good general physician within walking/riding distance. :banana:

Riding back up Lawn st to Frazho, so I could drop off a Rx at Rite-Aid, I had a RPD pass by me. The car was heading towards me on my strong side. I nodded to the officer but I couldn't really see thru the windshield glare very well to see if they responded. No issues. :monkey

Savage.Detroit

I opened carried while I voted. It was in a church's annex. I got a few raised eyebrows and even pasted a LEO who did a double take on the way out but no problems, although I was only there for 10 minutes.

I know a church official could have asked me to leave but I am not sure if a poll worker could have.

scot623

I opened carried while I voted. It was in a church's annex. I got a few raised eyebrows and even pasted a LEO who did a double take on the way out but no problems, although I was only there for 10 minutes.

I know a church official could have asked me to leave but I am not sure if a poll worker could have.

I'd be interested in a legal opinion on whether a church official could ask you to leave. The church signed a lease to the state for voting purposes. I'd say, for election day, the leased area becomes state property, covered by preemption.