• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry - OFCC picnic focusses AG attention on open carry rights

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.ohioccw.org/201008034884/seventh-annual-party-in-the-park-a-success.html

SNIP

Well over two-hundred people gathered in Liberty Township, Ohio Saturday afternoon to celebrate Ohioans For Concealed Carry's seventh annual Party In The Park and Family Picnic.

The event began with a great catered hamburger, hot dog, and chicken lunch provided by Casual Catering By Dave, and speakers taking the podium just forty-five minutes later. Derek DeBrosse, OFCC's General Council, recapped litigation efforts that the organization is involved in and where we anticipate those endeavors to progress.

Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray followed DeBrosse and after being tapped on the shoulder by a few of our members he addressed open carry and the fact that law enforcement in Ohio technically does not report to him and his office.

In his race against Republican Mike Dewine, Ohioans For Concealed Carry announced it's endorsement of Richard Cordray for re-election following his speech based on the history of Mr. Cordray and Mr. Dewine in their respective elected terms in office.

. . .

Brian D.

I was there at the picnic. Managed to ask Mr. Cordray another question with regards to the open carry issues that pop up so often. It would seem that the AG's office would have an existing database that features contact info for every LE entity in the state. Simple matter to use such a list to send out a reminder statewide to the LEO's that open carry is a LEGAL activity in Ohio.

Mr. Cordray didn't directly answer but (to me at least) he hinted at the notion that his office has no such compiled list--very hard for me to believe in this day and age.