• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5 years

M

McX

for the last 5 years i have lived in fear. fear from the drug dealing group of scum i used to work with; fear of running across them or their ring leader in public, fear that they would attack me, or my family. shame from their attack on my reputation, having the cops follow me around as i was labeled the terrorist. for 5 years i watched where i went, tried to have someone with me, kept my firearm close, or on me.
today i picked up the paper, and saw the ring leader is up on serious disgusting charges, with a very high bail set. he won't be back on the street any time soon, and will probably being going to prison for quite some time. finally i get the closure. i know there are other threats still lurking out there, other potential criminals, and dirtbags from my past that are still there. but today there is one less one in my life. and i feel relieved.

M

McX

closure, and in closing

i will add these things before i ask the moderator to close and lock this thread;

it was this event, and all that was done to me, that could have been done to me, that brought me here, and to open carry. to seek to protect myself from an intrenched criminal element, who's words had sway against me.

to my former employer; you owe me an appology, for taking the word of scum over me. to the local police department who readily harrassed and intimidated me, on the word of scum; you owe me an appology, for never asking me for my side, for harrassing and intimidating me for years on end, all on the word of scum.

to that big goon detective, who tried to sell me; a good citizen would surrender his firearms to us. my attorney's words stand to you for all time: Do NOT enter onto my property, or place of business. Do NOT approach me without a warrant, and do NOT talk to me without my attorney present.

Today i am a free man, a law abiding citizen, as i have been all my life. Grateful that i learned of open carry, grateful for the friends, and respect i have here. i have risen above all the evil ones, and they are now behind me. today i am vindicated in my heart. what has gone around has indeed come around. i never thought i would live long enough to see this moment.

added on edit; once again i recite my credo:
i see it all crystal clear, so i keep my pistol near,
heart's never full of fear, homey i stay well aware,
of what's going on around me, m888er f****s want me dead,
so i put a smile on my face, go through life, finish my time here.

Last edited:

range rat

for the last 5 years i have lived in fear. fear from the drug dealing group of scum i used to work with; fear of running across them or their ring leader in public, fear that they would attack me, or my family. shame from their attack on my reputation, having the cops follow me around as i was labeled the terrorist. for 5 years i watched where i went, tried to have someone with me, kept my firearm close, or on me.
today i picked up the paper, and saw the ring leader is up on serious disgusting charges, with a very high bail set. he won't be back on the street any time soon, and will probably being going to prison for quite some time. finally i get the closure. i know there are other threats still lurking out there, other potential criminals, and dirtbags from my past that are still there. but today there is one less one in my life. and i feel relieved.

For what was Once the Present, an Future, is now the Past..

M

McX

well, while it was reassuring to me, i didn't see any of my tormenters showing up to appologise to me. plus, one out leaves a vaccum, for another to fill. there's still a few rolling around out there that would love to see yours truly in a box, but they also know i carry, and have the same feelings toward them. a balance of terror i guess.

added on edit; i intent no threat to terrorize. these individuals by their actions and behavior have conveyed threats to me, my family, and my property. in response i make sure they understand i am armed for my own protection, and let their imaginations run wild with them. I know the laws, i know the rules. but they don't, and i can use that to my advantage. hence the words; deterrent effect.

Last edited: