• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

County park/city park OC, its legal. ... right?

chrsjhnsn

I'm still waiting for my ccw to get requaled ... meanwhile I've been invited to a bbq in a park in a small town park, city parks are good to go as far as open carry ... right?

Nevada carrier

It is legal to to carry in city and county parks, however, the park police insist that it is not. The problem is that in order to challenge to law, you have to be arrested, convicted and have the conviction over turned on appeal. Most people refuse to be the one to go through this ordeal so they comply with this illegal firearm prohibition. The state does not grant any city or county the authority to restrict firearms yet the Clark County Commissioner believes they have.

chrsjhnsn

I saw one of the local Sherriffs

in the small town, he said it was legal "as far as he knows" sooo, there is only a couple of LE in this small town and one already said it was legal so I won't worry.

Washoe County Sherriff is pretty good most of the time- a lot better then Clarke County.

Nevada Carry, you wouldn't happen to know the NRS for it do you?

paintsnow

There is a bunch of info on here if you look for it. Im about to walk out the door, otherwise i would post links for you, so please dont take this as a "SEARCH" post.

Tim has requested a position from the AG or DA, cant remember which, and they have been delaying it for i think a year. Park police have gone as far as to say that even if it is disassembled, locked in the trunk, and no ammo, they will still arrest you.

The law is technically void due to preemption, but if you get a MWAG call, expect to get a free ride downtown. At least in Clark County.

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

what i suggest we do...

Contact a Las Vegas television News Company and coordinate what could be one of the greatest stories ever. We need to schedule a gathering for a bar-b-que at a local park. We need to get about a dozen OCDO members willing to show up and also willing to be arrested. Have the news crews on standby and forewarn the park police where and when we'll be holding our gathering without telling them that we'll have the cameras rolling.

Then, when we're all arrested, OUR justice system must address the issue that they've been stalling for so long.

chrsjhnsn

hard to believe Vegas sometimes

kudo's to you guys down there I live in a small washoe county town and asked one of the two LEO's here, they have no problem with open carry!

I think we need to step up to the plate up north like you guys/gals in Clarke County have

The Big Guy

I sent an email to the City Attorney of Henderson and that letter and the reply from an assistant CA are posted elsewhere on here. The position of the City of Henderson is that 202.3673 (which applies to conceal carry permit holders only), is all the authority they need to ban the open carry of firearms in city buildings and parks. I am in the process of drafting a reply to his reply but have put it aside for a time to "cool" off so I don't tell him what I really think of his assinine response. As it stands now you will be arrested for carrying in Henderson City parks in spite of the fact that they have no right to do so.

TBG