• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In MD for the week...

Dreamer

And hating it...

I feel like I forgot to put on my pants every time I walk out of the house, because I have to leave my Para in the house. Living in NC and traveling to VA and WV frequently, I've gotten spoiled with never having to be unarmed. The first two or three days I come to MD, it's always a struggle to remember NOT to put on my legally-owned (and legally-carried in 34 states) firearm every morning...

But at least I can carry while inside my own property.

I've actually considered wearing the empty Serpa while I go out and about, but to be honest, I'm spending most of my time here in PG, Howard, and Montgomery counties, and the idea of getting a uniformed smack-down, and then having to call my sweetie or stepdaughter to bail me out just ISN'T how I want to spend my vacation.

I get the feeling that a solo display of my First Amendment "freedom of expression" with regards to this issue would NOT be well-accepted by the People or the "authorities" up here. It would be different, I'm sure, at a rally with several dozen other empty holster protesters, and news cameras everywhere, but the idea of being body-checked, cuffed, stuffed, and beaten in the parking lot of the Columbia Mall just does NOT sound like a fun way to spend my afternoon.

I pray for the day when the MSP and the GA are finally forced through the Courts to get in-line with the Shall-Issue policies of ALL their bordering states, and they are forced through the courts to recognize other states permits through some sort of formal reciprocity agreements.

It's a sad state of affairs when I can't feel safe visiting my family because the state can't abide the idea of a legally armed citizenry.

Props to Alan Gura and the SAF, and I wish them all the best of luck toward a resounding victory in their current lawsuit against MD.

Go Alan, Go!

Last edited:

Dreamer

Ah...

Back home in the "OC Gold Start State" of NC.

I stopped in VA the first exit after I "crossed the moat" and got properly "kitted up". Made the rest of the drive through VA and NC armed--like a free citizen, instead of the Serf I had to pretend to be for the last week and a half.

VAopencarry

I'm in Baltimore County almost every weekend. I am considering doing the empty holster thing but need to gather more info before I decide to do/not do it.