• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good quality yet not too expensive vehicle lockbox?

Corst01

Hi All,

I figured I'd ask this question here as I believe this is one of the best forums I've been to and I appreciate the straightforward, and mature postings from the members here.

I'm looking for opinions & experiences on what is a good pistol lockbox for my car.
I have a smaller car so under-seat space is at a premium. But, that location is most desirable to me as it means I don't need to get out of my car and risk someone seeing me place a gun in a lockbox in the hatch area of my car.

TIA

Last edited:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm

I got the large with key, cause I have full size Beretta PX4 9mm.

Works great comes with a cable. The pad inside is stinky like some kind of solvent but you only smell it when its open.

I bought it on Amazon, with shipping etc was around $37 bucks.

I have the exact same safe. I recommend it as being functional and affordable. The smell that Camaro mentions does go away after a while. I've been using mine for about 6 months, and it has been a LONG time since I've caught a whiff of that solvent smell.

I've got the large one with the key, and I can fit my Kimber (5" barrel) in it.