Thread: OC Legal at State Fair?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

OC Legal at State Fair?

I did a search and couldn't find any other thread on this. Is OC OK at State Fair?

Do they serve booze?

Yes, State Fair serves beer. And some other concoctions. But I don't know about leaving it in car if parked on their grounds.

You could not enter any bathrooms since they are buildings owned or leased by the govn't. Also the class B probably applies to the entire grounds. They probably also have signs banning "weapons". There is no reason why you couldn't leave it locked in your car unloaded/encased. You can have an unloaded/encased gun anywhere in the state really.

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    You can have an unloaded/encased gun anywhere in the state really.
    I understand and I know I am preaching to the choir but what happens when someone breaks into my car and/or attempts to mug me on my way to/from my car?

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    [QUOTE=paul@paul-fisher.com;1322904]I understand and I know I am preaching to the choir but what happens when someone breaks into my car and/or attempts to mug me on my way to/from my car? [/QUOTE]

You become a Tom Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com
    Do they serve booze?
    Like others have stated, its a good drink fest.

And on a personal note, I was in disbelieve when I found out that some festivals and/or fairs DON'T serve alcohol. That's just not right!

I understand and I know I am preaching to the choir but what happens when someone breaks into my car and/or attempts to mug me on my way to/from my car?
    Just call 911 like a good citizen, works all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post

You become a Tom Barrett
    Lol...

I bet he has his ARMED guards with him this time, while he graces his subjects with his presence.

The entire grounds is Class B liquor. It's a unique situation as all alcohol vendors operate off the parks class B license and do not have to secure a license for each stand.

Also, many of the buildings are government (state) owned buildings. Even some of the stands/buildings that look privately owned are state owned and rented out.

Also, most of the park is state property inside and out and not subject to the firearms preemption law. The park has it's own administrative code.

One code is SFP 2.14(9)
    Unauthorized carrying, possessing, or using of a dangerous weapon

There is also a separate code for Carrying a concealed weapon which is SFP 2.14(7).

So, all these factors combined make the answer to the OP is a resounding "NO", you cannot carry at Wisconsin State Fair.
    Last edited by pkbites; 08-04-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post

So, all these factors combined make the answer to the OP is a resounding "NO", you cannot carry at Wisconsin State Fair.
    It is an absolute shame that we have to worry about these things, we all know that the BG won't care what the law is. "Shall not be infringed" is forced to take a back seat again.

I suppose its too late to get a Minnesota permit so you could come to OUR awesome state fair, but I just wanted to rub it in lol

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by madrevar View Post
    I suppose its too late to get a Minnesota permit so you could come to OUR awesome state fair, but I just wanted to rub it in lol
    Is this a personal attack, or an elite bragging?

HA! "Rub in" your permitting requirements, to citizens of a state that may OC without seeking permission from the tyrant? How twisted.

Banned
    My suggestion, If you can't protect yourself them don't go. I have better ways to spend my hard earned dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    And on a personal note, I was in disbelieve when I found out that some festivals and/or fairs DON'T serve alcohol. That's just not right!
    Walworth County Fair doesn't serve any booze and is not owned by any 'government'. I guess I won't go to the State Fair and will have to OC at Walworth County.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Well said. Goes for a lot of off-topic stuff too. I'm pleased to have J.Gleason as 'friend'.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Walworth County Fair doesn't serve any booze and is not owned by any 'government'. I guess I won't go to the State Fair and will have to OC at Walworth County.
    Don't get me wrong Paul, I wish we didn't have that class b law or most any other restriction on carry. I'm all for people carrying at State Fair if they want. As for myself I usually open carry two Miller Lites and a cheese on a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    My suggestion, If you can't protect yourself them don't go. I have better ways to spend my hard earned dollars.
    +1000000

state fair

Thats why I keep pepper spray on my belt also. I know I know, its like bringing a knife to a gun fight. but it should stop a guy with a crowbar.