• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Legal at State Fair?

smithman

You could not enter any bathrooms since they are buildings owned or leased by the govn't. Also the class B probably applies to the entire grounds. They probably also have signs banning "weapons". There is no reason why you couldn't leave it locked in your car unloaded/encased. You can have an unloaded/encased gun anywhere in the state really.

Jason in WI

paul@paul-fisher.com said:
Do they serve booze?
Like others have stated, its a good drink fest.

And on a personal note, I was in disbelieve when I found out that some festivals and/or fairs DON'T serve alcohol. That's just not right! :lol:

I understand and I know I am preaching to the choir but what happens when someone breaks into my car and/or attempts to mug me on my way to/from my car?

Just call 911 like a good citizen, works all the time. :eek:

You become a Tom Barrett:cry:

:shocker: Lol...

I bet he has his ARMED guards with him this time, while he graces his subjects with his presence.

pkbites

The entire grounds is Class B liquor. It's a unique situation as all alcohol vendors operate off the parks class B license and do not have to secure a license for each stand.

Also, many of the buildings are government (state) owned buildings. Even some of the stands/buildings that look privately owned are state owned and rented out.

Also, most of the park is state property inside and out and not subject to the firearms preemption law. The park has it's own administrative code.

One code is SFP 2.14(9)
Unauthorized carrying, possessing, or using of a dangerous weapon

There is also a separate code for Carrying a concealed weapon which is SFP 2.14(7).

So, all these factors combined make the answer to the OP is a resounding "NO", you cannot carry at Wisconsin State Fair.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

And on a personal note, I was in disbelieve when I found out that some festivals and/or fairs DON'T serve alcohol. That's just not right! :lol:

Walworth County Fair doesn't serve any booze and is not owned by any 'government'. I guess I won't go to the State Fair and will have to OC at Walworth County.

Jason in WI

Walworth County Fair doesn't serve any booze and is not owned by any 'government'. I guess I won't go to the State Fair and will have to OC at Walworth County.

Don't get me wrong Paul, I wish we didn't have that class b law or most any other restriction on carry. I'm all for people carrying at State Fair if they want. As for myself I usually open carry two Miller Lites and a cheese on a stick.:lol:

iceman71

state fair

Thats why I keep pepper spray on my belt also. I know I know, its like bringing a knife to a gun fight. but it should stop a guy with a crowbar.