• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC Nightline News Tonight - Maine Open Carry Association in the news

Mike

Site Co-Founder
See embedded video

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/open-carry-gun-laws-pro-gun-grassroots-groups/story?id=11313221

SNIP

Pro-Gun Grassroots Groups Taking the Lead in Gun Rights Fight
Homespun Organizations Are Leaving the NRA Behind When Pushing for Broader Gun Laws

By TERRY MORAN and ELY BROWN
Aug. 3, 2010
The statistics tell the story: There are about 50 million gun owners in America. Close to half of all American households possess guns -- more than 200 million guns all told, and we buy 4.5 million more guns every year.

. . .

Now, more than ever, many gun owners are proudly, aggressively asserting their rights to keep and bear arms.

At a barbeque in Portland, Maine, a small grassroots organization meets to promote one goal: the right to carry weapons openly in public.

"We're just out here, exercising our rights," said event participant Scott Walker. "We're just here to have a good time."

DEFENSOR

way to go Maine

Just caught nightline on ABC. It looked to me like a little bit of positive press. How did it look to those of you who were on the ground ?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Congratulations

"The new face of the gun rights movement in America!"

Kudos to Shane, Scott and all involved.

If you ever doubt your effectiveness, just rewatch the video and the article and listen to the words of those opposed again.

You are a class act - keep it up!
icon14.png

Flanders007

That was an awesome piece! WAY TO GO!!!

The folks here in WA are holding an open carry BBQ this Sunday. So far 3 local news organizations are going to be attending along with SAF own Dave Workman!!! We will be sure to post the video once it hits the web.

On a final note, I just wanted to let you guys know that "I Love Guns & Coffee" T-Shirts are available if anyone would like one. Please see the thread below for more information and PM me if you have any questions. As much as I would have loved to see one of my t-shirts on the ABC piece, I am more about the message the T-shirt carries.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71994-OT-I-Love-Guns-amp-Coffee-T-Shirts

CARRY ON!!!

Attachments

• gunsandcofee_allshirts.JPG
    gunsandcofee_allshirts.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 141

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That was an awesome piece! WAY TO GO!!!

The folks here in WA are holding an open carry BBQ this Sunday. So far 3 local news organizations are going to be attending along with SAF own Dave Workman!!! We will be sure to post the video once it hits the web.

On a final note, I just wanted to let you guys know that "I Love Guns & Coffee" T-Shirts are available if anyone would like one. Please see the thread below for more information and PM me if you have any questions. As much as I would have loved to see one of my t-shirts on the ABC piece, I am more about the message the T-shirt carries.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71994-OT-I-Love-Guns-amp-Coffee-T-Shirts

CARRY ON!!!

Starbucks responded in a positive fashion in their position statement - I for one think it is NOT in our best interest to press the attack on this front. Let those opposed (Violence Policy Center etc) raise the issue where it does not need to be.

IMO this reference is virtually spamming the Maine forum.

Think that MOCA hats, T-shirts and other logo items promotes the goals more effectively. ymmv

crdonov

Starbucks responded in a positive fashion in their position statement - I for one think it is NOT in our best interest to press the attack on this front. Let those opposed (Violence Policy Center etc) raise the issue where it does not need to be.

IMO this reference is virtually spamming the Maine forum.

Think that MOCA hats, T-shirts and other logo items promotes the goals more effectively. ymmv

i agree! xd-out

Last edited: