Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snyder and Bernero

Snyder and Bernero

Yuck! Can't believe these are going to be our choices. Not good for the 2A in MI.

there are bigger issues than 2A this year. snyder is the least non union republican. i considered voting for him myself to make sure he won.

Why does anyone even know what Snyder even stands for? On anything? Other than being one tough nerd???
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

well, i sure as hell do not want bouchard on the ballot. he is big time anti union.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricianLU58 View Post
    there are bigger issues than 2A this year. snyder is the least non union republican. i considered voting for him myself to make sure he won.
    And what exactly is bigger than our right to defend ourselves and our families?

well, i sure as hell do not want bouchard on the ballot. he is big time anti union.
    who cares if someone is anti-union, unions have destroyed this state. bernero is a union puppet, so having 2 union choices is not a good thing

making a union wage and being able to feed my family and provide blue cross...

i have two loaded guns within reach right now, a cpl, and the right to OC almost everywhere (because of jennifer granholm's AG opinion). i do not think any governor will interfere with that. my unions survival is the most important issue.

I am not anti union, I just don't think that you MUST be in a union if their is a union in your company. Also the biggest union supporting politicians right now are Granholm and Obama, and how is that working out for us? Also the unions always support the most anti-2A politicians on the ballots...
    Common sense people...
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

if the republicans changed their minds about unions, maybe union members would vote for them.

you will be hard pressed to find a group more gun totin' than my union brothers, though. even my union executive board are mostly cpl holders.

if the republicans changed their minds about unions, maybe union members would vote for them.

you will be hard pressed to find a group more gun totin' than my union brothers, though. even my union executive board are mostly cpl holders.
    And yet they endorce the people that make gun control laws.

What part of is so hard to understand?
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    And yet they endorce the people that make gun control laws.

What part of is so hard to understand?
    Exactly!

Banned
    We're screwed

Banned
    Unions do not support gun rights. Gun rights are supported by individualists. Unions by definition are collectivists.

You can't have it both ways.

Unfortunately given the current state of the economy, the primary concern of most voters is Jobs Jobs Jobs

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Sadly, I think some voters latched on to some negative press Mr. Cox got last week [false or not]! Even after that **** Kwamee has been flushed away to prison he is still dragging others into the bowl behind him. Mr. Cox was or best hope for a pro 2A Gov. in my opinion. Let's hope both of these folks figure out that "we the people" need to be heard & respected. Maybe we could ban together with some other 2A groups prior to the Nov. election to drive the point home to them? Rally on the steps in Lansing in October maybe before it gets too cold?

Im sorry to say i use to be a teamsters union member our hall was on Michigan ave and trumbell in Detroit do you think theyll help save your job ??? Answer is hell no i was injured on job no fault of mine kept saying its muscle spasms so they wouldnt have to pay now my back is messed up from t-12 to s1,2,3. Union didnt help me only took m y money.

According to this website, an interview last year with Snyder says he is pro 2A.

Just a thought.

http://www.rightmichigan.com/story/2009/3/21/124231/339
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

making a union wage and being able to feed my family and provide blue cross . . . my unions survival is the most important issue.
    you will be hard pressed to find a group more gun totin' than my union brothers
    Well, "gun totin'" at least until "making a union wage and being able to feed my family and provide blue cross" is in trouble. Then, you're willing to risk giving up your guns and the ability to tote 'em by going with pro-union, anti-RKBA politicians.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin

And you will ultimately end up with neither liberty nor safety. You and your brothers need to realize the short-sightedness and danger of the priorities you are stating which are driving your political decisions. I am sympathetic to providing for your family. I have my family, too. But do you know what I did when I lost my job? I busted my hump getting another one with similar pay and benefits. I didn't even think of turning to any particular political party or politician who say they can better protect my job or industry, if only I'll be willing to swallow their anti-RKBA agenda as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Well, "gun totin'" at least until "making a union wage and being able to feed my family and provide blue cross" is in trouble. Then, you're willing to risk giving up your guns and the ability to tote 'em by going with pro-union, anti-RKBA politicians.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin

And you will ultimately end up with neither liberty nor safety. You and your brothers need to realize the short-sightedness and danger of the priorities you are stating which are driving your political decisions. I am sympathetic to providing for your family. I have my family, too. But do you know what I did when I lost my job? I busted my hump getting another one with similar pay and benefits. I didn't even think of turning to any particular political party or politician who say they can better protect my job or industry, if only I'll be willing to swallow their anti-RKBA agenda as well.
    X10.......I'll be the one providing for my family! I shall not ask for a union to do what is my responsibility.

And yes I worked for the UAW from the time I was 26 until I was 37. (Quit, I hated driving 2 hours to work and 2 hours home to feed my family that I never got to see.) It was good money and great benefits, but outside of their collective bargaining abilities the union doesn't provide anything I can't provide myself.(I learned to do my own negotiating.) The difference is I have to do all the work myself. A sense of accomplishment I am quite proud of. A union can not guarantee you a job, only you can!

From Rick Snyder's website:

Q: Would you uphold the 2nd Amendment and support the rights of gun owners as well as the hunting industry?

A: In one word: absolutely. I actually own three guns myself. I have a 12 gauge shotgun and two .22 rifles that I use for target shooting. I believe the 2nd amendment also protects the right of citizens to have a gun in their home to protect their family and property.

I also support the rights of gun owners to responsibly carry their gun, as long as they have attained the legal permit.

While Im not an avid hunter, I support the industry and believe it plays an important role in our economy and quality of life. It also can have a valuable environmental conservation impact and I would work to streamline the processes so that hunters get better customer service from the state and local governments. We have a long tradition in our state of supporting gun rights and the hunting industry in Michigan and I would continue to support that tradition as Governor.

https://www.rickformichigan.com/mich...sked-questions
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I also support the rights of gun owners to responsibly carry their gun, as long as they have attained the legal permit.
    Yeah, I emailed him a while back asking him to clarify his views on that in regards to legal, permitless open carry....he never got back with me and I doubt he ever will.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

You live in Michigan, All our politicians are anti union. Look at the state of the state.

Yet unions keep voting for Levan, and wonder where their jobs went.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    Unions do not support gun rights. Gun rights are supported by individualists. Unions by definition are collectivists.

You can't have it both ways.
    You forget,the unions have members,who each have a vote.As a UAW member,I know for a fact that many of my coworkers and I have never voted for the Dems.The unions can talk all they want,it's the people who vote!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    You forget,the unions have members,who each have a vote.As a UAW member,I know for a fact that many of my coworkers and I have never voted for the Dems.The unions can talk all they want,it's the people who vote!
    You are correct. The people do vote, but the Union dues you pay go to support anti-gun candidates.

And let it be known that my statements were not directed toward individuals like you but to the leadership.

And I'll also say that you and your coworkers are brave... Just don't let Vinny and Guido down at the union hall know you've never voted for the candidates they want you to.

"I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast