• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snyder and Bernero

ElectricianLU58

making a union wage and being able to feed my family and provide blue cross...

i have two loaded guns within reach right now, a cpl, and the right to OC almost everywhere (because of jennifer granholm's AG opinion). i do not think any governor will interfere with that. my unions survival is the most important issue.

eastmeyers

I am not anti union, I just don't think that you MUST be in a union if their is a union in your company. Also the biggest union supporting politicians right now are Granholm and Obama, and how is that working out for us? Also the unions always support the most anti-2A politicians on the ballots...
Common sense people...
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ElectricianLU58

if the republicans changed their minds about unions, maybe union members would vote for them.

you will be hard pressed to find a group more gun totin' than my union brothers, though. even my union executive board are mostly cpl holders.

eastmeyers

if the republicans changed their minds about unions, maybe union members would vote for them.

you will be hard pressed to find a group more gun totin' than my union brothers, though. even my union executive board are mostly cpl holders.

And yet they endorce the people that make gun control laws.

What part of :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: is so hard to understand?

Mo

Banned
Unions do not support gun rights. Gun rights are supported by individualists. Unions by definition are collectivists.

You can't have it both ways.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Sadly, I think some voters latched on to some negative press Mr. Cox got last week [false or not]! Even after that turd Kwamee has been flushed away to prison he is still dragging others into the bowl behind him. Mr. Cox was or best hope for a pro 2A Gov. in my opinion. Let's hope both of these folks figure out that "we the people" need to be heard & respected. Maybe we could ban together with some other 2A groups prior to the Nov. election to drive the point home to them? Rally on the steps in Lansing in October maybe before it gets too cold?

army74

Im sorry to say i use to be a teamsters union member our hall was on Michigan ave and trumbell in Detroit do you think theyll help save your job ??? Answer is hell no i was injured on job no fault of mine kept saying its muscle spasms so they wouldnt have to pay now my back is messed up from t-12 to s1,2,3. Union didnt help me only took m y money.

DanM

making a union wage and being able to feed my family and provide blue cross . . . my unions survival is the most important issue.

you will be hard pressed to find a group more gun totin' than my union brothers

Well, "gun totin'" at least until "making a union wage and being able to feed my family and provide blue cross" is in trouble. Then, you're willing to risk giving up your guns and the ability to tote 'em by going with pro-union, anti-RKBA politicians.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

And you will ultimately end up with neither liberty nor safety. You and your brothers need to realize the short-sightedness and danger of the priorities you are stating which are driving your political decisions. I am sympathetic to providing for your family. I have my family, too. But do you know what I did when I lost my job? I busted my hump getting another one with similar pay and benefits. I didn't even think of turning to any particular political party or politician who say they can better protect my job or industry, if only I'll be willing to swallow their anti-RKBA agenda as well.

Agent1

Well, "gun totin'" at least until "making a union wage and being able to feed my family and provide blue cross" is in trouble. Then, you're willing to risk giving up your guns and the ability to tote 'em by going with pro-union, anti-RKBA politicians.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

And you will ultimately end up with neither liberty nor safety. You and your brothers need to realize the short-sightedness and danger of the priorities you are stating which are driving your political decisions. I am sympathetic to providing for your family. I have my family, too. But do you know what I did when I lost my job? I busted my hump getting another one with similar pay and benefits. I didn't even think of turning to any particular political party or politician who say they can better protect my job or industry, if only I'll be willing to swallow their anti-RKBA agenda as well.

X10.......I'll be the one providing for my family! I shall not ask for a union to do what is my responsibility.

And yes I worked for the UAW from the time I was 26 until I was 37. (Quit, I hated driving 2 hours to work and 2 hours home to feed my family that I never got to see.) It was good money and great benefits, but outside of their collective bargaining abilities the union doesn't provide anything I can't provide myself.(I learned to do my own negotiating.) The difference is I have to do all the work myself. A sense of accomplishment I am quite proud of. A union can not guarantee you a job, only you can!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
From Rick Snyder's website:

Q: Would you uphold the 2nd Amendment and support the rights of gun owners as well as the hunting industry?

A: In one word: absolutely. I actually own three guns myself. I have a 12 gauge shotgun and two .22 rifles that I use for target shooting. I believe the 2nd amendment also protects the right of citizens to have a gun in their home to protect their family and property. :uhoh:

I also support the rights of gun owners to responsibly carry their gun, as long as they have attained the legal permit. :eek:

While I’m not an avid hunter, I support the industry and believe it plays an important role in our economy and quality of life. It also can have a valuable environmental conservation impact and I would work to streamline the processes so that hunters get better customer service from the state and local governments. We have a long tradition in our state of supporting gun rights and the hunting industry in Michigan and I would continue to support that tradition as Governor.

https://www.rickformichigan.com/michigan-talks/frequently-asked-questions