• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just curious everyone's age

rottman43055

If this has been a topic before I apologize.

OCers are a different breed than most gun owners and I was just curious the ages of folks here.

I started OCing in my 40s mainly because I didn't know it was legal, due in part to deceptive LE agancies.

I'm 44 (hope we have all age groups!)

rottman43055

I was just curious how many younger people are into open carry. It usually seems like it's people over 30 who take an active part in the advancing 2A issues.

I was very encouraged to see so many who initially answered where younger, they are important to the future & the future state of the 2A when my little one is grown.

So I guess mabe I was more than "just curious"

Us who are a little older need to always involve the youth in whatever ways we can.

Last edited:
M

McX

51..........saw a 23 and a half, i think i got socks that old. lucky young ones, probably live forever to boot.

rottman43055

51..........saw a 23 and a half, i think i got socks that old. lucky young ones, probably live forever to boot.

LOL, yea, No Doubt.

When I was in my 20's I called my local PD and asked how to go about carrying (OC was legal, but I didn't know it) and was told only LEO's could carry. I believed them & only learned differently online much later.

23 and a half, was a good time though.

Last edited:
M

McX

i got to open carry back in the mid 80's to about 90 something, my land, and adjacent areas. back then you had to have permission from the chief of police to oc in public, and that was reserved for respected business owners, out on bank transactions. i won't disclose the location(s), but i did get a taste of it.