• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Told to leave

golightly00

Kingfish

Kingfish no problem, it was roughly 2 weeks ago in the American Sig. Furniture in Marietta,GA. I had OCed in there 2 weeks prior to this incidence and walked around the store for 45mins and no one said a word to me about my .40, I returned a week later to place an order for the bed frame I wanted and it wasn't until after the transaction was done the employee opened her mouth and said you can't carry that in here there's a sign on the door I said where I looked for one, she showed a regular no guns sign, only one thing though, it had no color to it, clear plastic with all letters in an opaque white. It was funny though after I told her that the sign holds no legal authority another employee chimed in and said it's cool man, I have a GFL too, just go outside and come back in without it, I said so it's cool if I tell you to leave my store for carrying a Bible? What if I deny you entry based on the color of your skin? He got pissed, I said exactly my point, everyone is so eager and ready to give up their arms and freedoms when it comes to "safety". I say this 100% truth, had the native Africans had arms to defend themselves, slavery would never had happened here, and if the Jews would have had a means of armed resistance Hitler would not have slaughtered them like cattle, people if you don't think your right to bear arms can be taken away without due process or without a warrant, think again and watch the You Tube videos on Katrina and gun confiscation, the very men who swore an oath to support & defend the constitution of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign or domestic, are the very ones taking arms from law abiding citizens, they even tackle an old woman and punch her in her face to get a gun away from her in her own home, entering homes with firearms drawn, without a warrant, without due process, and confiscating arms from those who can't physically defend themselves from attack. It made my blood boil to see my fellow Americans treated with no regard for their rights, if that were to happen again, democracy has failed and we may very well be looking at a second civil war.

Butch00

It is time for legislation to force businesses that are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC to honor all Constitutional Rights.
They can always close them for sheep only. Then all you need to get in is a sheeple card.

Ruby

It is time for legislation to force businesses that are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC to honor all Constitutional Rights.
They can always close them for sheep only. Then all you need to get in is a sheeple card.

But it's their private property! You would want your private property rights respected; respect theirs. Take your business and your money somewhere else! Being rude to people is certainly not going to get them to see OC in a positive light. They have a right to not agree with you, as you have a right to disagree with them. I have found that persuasion and being polite works better than force when trying to change someone's mind.

Butch00

It still boils down to......OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

My property is.....NOT.....OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

mark5019

but its there property there choice your choice is follow what they want or shop elsewhere

langzaiguy

Well don't go to Value City Furniture either. Our local VC forbids carry in their store; I assume it's a corporate policy.

M

McX

it's a simple one to me, my shop allows all them amendments, so why not allow the 2nd too? progressive idea huh?

Jared

But it's their private property! You would want your private property rights respected; respect theirs. Take your business and your money somewhere else! Being rude to people is certainly not going to get them to see OC in a positive light. They have a right to not agree with you, as you have a right to disagree with them. I have found that persuasion and being polite works better than force when trying to change someone's mind.

Sorry but that's not logical.

If states can have smoking bans on "private property"
If states can tell you when you can open and close your establisment on "private property"
If states can tell someone they must have handicapped spaces on "private property"

... Then why the inconsistency for the Second Amendment. Either property is private or it's not. The state should not be able to have a double standard.

AL Ranger

It's their property? Really?

but its there property there choice your choice is follow what they want or shop elsewhere
Have them put up a "NO BLACKS ALLOWED!" sign and the government will show them immediately who actually owns that store! Personally, I believe that private property rights are equal with with the RKBA, but the government gets to pick and choose which rights they will allow and which ones they won't!

Last edited:

Hef

A business can prohibit guns because gun owners are not a protected class under our discrimination laws, therefor property rights trump 2nd Amendment rights in businesses and residences. If you don't like it, make your statement with your shoes and your wallet......and shop elsewhere.

Last edited:

cbx9mm

Told to Leave

How about this? The next time you are looking to buy something put an add out there or call the store and say that you are interested in buying there product. Do you honor our 2nd A rights, if so I will spend my money with you, if not can you recommend a competitor that does and I will give him my business. Do this for everything, start a movement. You get enough people calling, it boils down to business is business, these days you just an't afford to turn business away.

Just a thought

mark-in-texas

My response would have been; "Ok, I'll take my gun outside, but my money's going with it! Have a nice day." We don't have OC here in Texas, but I've told businesses that posted the required Penal Code 30.06 signage that I would take my patronage elsewhere.

rmodel65

How about this? The next time you are looking to buy something put an add out there or call the store and say that you are interested in buying there product. Do you honor our 2nd A rights, if so I will spend my money with you, if not can you recommend a competitor that does and I will give him my business. Do this for everything, start a movement. You get enough people calling, it boils down to business is business, these days you just an't afford to turn business away.

Just a thought

why would i call anyone and ask if i can have permission to exercise a fundamental right??