• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Those who do not support your Second Amendment rights do NOT believe in your rights

golightly00

Am I radical based on the fact that I believe that every law abiding citizen should have a firearm and know how to use it, that our government shall never have the right to disarm us unlawfully and without due process (Katrina gun confiscation YouTube it), that the only way we are certain our other rights are upheld is by the power of the Second Amendment? Call me a radical if you want, but I want to make sure I'm ready should our government and our country become tyrannical in nature. People look at people like me a say "paranoid". Is it paranoia to look to history and see that it has happened before and it can happen again? If only the Jewish people had enough arms to resist Hitler & his murderous ways. If I wanted to control/slaughter a large number of people my first step would be to disarm them. If there is one thing I know for sure, it is this, if we democracy fails we have no other choice but to rise with arms against a government that no longer listens to us: In Silveira v. Lockyer, 328 F.3d 567 (2003), Judge Alex Kozinski of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reminded us that the Second Amendment is not about duck hunting:

"All too many of the other great tragedies of history - Stalin's atrocities, the killing fields of Cambodia, the Holocaust, to name but a few - were perpetrated by armed troops against unarmed populations. Many could well have been avoided or mitigated, had the perpetrators known their intended victims were equipped with a rifle and twenty bullets apiece, as the Militia Act required here. ... If a few hundred Jewish fighters in the Warsaw Ghetto could hold off the Wehrmacht for almost a month with only a handful of weapons, six million Jews armed with rifles could not so easily have been herded into cattle cars.

"My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

"Fortunately, the Framers were wise enough to entrench the right of the people to keep and bear arms within our constitutional structure. The purpose and importance of that right was still fresh in their minds, and they spelled it out clearly so it would not be forgotten."

M

McX

saw the title, and had to stop; yes, they do not believe in your rights, but they sure as hell believe in theirs.

golightly00

Yes sir

That is evident by congress passing healthcare legislation, but excluding themselves from the requirements, "this is good for you, just not good enough for me." Congress and the White House both need cleaning out, the stench of communism is starting to set in, the only reason I call it communism is 60% of the American people did not want the law passed, but yet they passed it anyway?

MarlboroLts5150

That is evident by congress passing healthcare legislation, but excluding themselves from the requirements, "this is good for you, just not good enough for me." Congress and the White House both need cleaning out, the stench of communism is starting to set in, the only reason I call it communism is 60% of the American people did not want the law passed, but yet they passed it anyway?

The question to think about....all of the people that participated in all of the polls....how many of them took the time to contact their state reps. and voice their opposition to the healthcare plan?

Probably not as many.

okiephlyer

The question to think about....all of the people that participated in all of the polls....how many of them took the time to contact their state reps. and voice their opposition to the healthcare plan?

Probably not as many.

Somewhere I have seen a video of Barbara Boxer addressing the health care issue and her constituents opposition. She acknowledged that a great majority were against it and indicated how wrong she thought they were and her continued support for it.
It is sad that even when we do speak to our representatives, they don't listen. Please don't take this as a reason to not contact your legislators. We need to scream loudly and often until they do listen.

kwikrnu

Banned
You're not radical. Those who would ignore and fight against your right to bear arms are anti-gun. I'm tired of my State Representatives. They say they are for the Second Amendment, it's just code for you have to get a permit and be subject to a lot of rules that we make up because no one has called us on it yet. The man who won the republican nomination for Tennessee Governor was part of Bloombergs mayors against guns program. My State senator and house of representatives member voted for a law last year which allows local gun laws to preempt state law. I've wrote them and called for 4 months and they can't write, send an email, or answer the phone. My local Republican county commisioners voted for gun bans in parks. My republican Sheriff asked the commision to ban guns in parks. My School board rep. (who is also the chairwoman) voted to send a notice to the commision to ask them to ban guns in parks.

It gives a new meaning to Rhino. Most politicians can give a damn about your rights. They care about being elected and little else.

RussP

...I'm tired of my State Representatives. ... I've wrote them and called for 4 months and they can't write, send an email, or answer the phone...
Perhaps your penchant for FOIA requests and subsequent lawsuits influenced their decisions.

Here in Virginia we have the Virginia Citizens Defense League, VCDL, a grassroots organization focused on firearms laws in general, but with a strong focus on carry issues.

Each year VCDL sends elected officials with policy or law making authority a survey, a scorecard of their positions on firearm issues. Some respond with a completed survey, some answer part of the survey, and some blow it off. With that information, VCDL members and others can target the ones to thank for truly supporting the 2nd, those to ask why they didn't answer, and those to contact and ask why no response.

When legislation comes up for votes, the survey is good to refer back to when a legislator votes contrary to their survey response. That weeds out the "Tell them what they want to hear to get elected" group...and there have been a few.

And, yes, it does provide ammunition to ask, "What other Rights do you oppose like you do the 2nd Amendment?"

If asking that question makes one a radical, you're in good company.

Last edited: