• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for 2nd Amendment Rights."

Superlite27

Jealous? Me? Over a badge?

Forget who you're talking to?

[SARCASM]Yeah. I so want to look like a cop. Nobody ever mistakes me for one. I wish I could have some means of making myself appear more like an officer.[/SARCASM]

Richieg150

Superlite27,If you want to really look more like a cop,get some magical pixie dust,throw it up in the air,as it slowly envelops around you,tap your heels three time and repeat,"OH I so wanna be a cop",3 times and POOF.....you will indeed be a cop!

peterarthur

Oooooooh! We're now capitalizing the word "badge"? I see......It must be a very important badge. I'm sure you included this for those rare few who haven't been blinded by its glare.

You have forfeited the right to any negative comments referring to Doc's chrome firearm. "Steely" appears almost mundane and unremarkable in any side by side comparison with The Badge.

OK, that really was funny... are we having fun here or am I oblivious to some sarcasm? :)

peterarthur

Jealous? Me? Over a badge?

Forget who you're talking to?

[SARCASM]Yeah. I so want to look like a cop. Nobody ever mistakes me for one. I wish I could have some means of making myself appear more like an officer.[/SARCASM]

I am mistaken for a cop every day and it kind of annoys me. I make a point of wearing shorts and sandals every chance I get to avoid that mistake. My professional attire is white dress shirt, slacks and rubber soled black military dress shoes. And my head is shaved bald (can't fight mother nature) and I haven't gotten very fat for a 46 year old :) only a little pudgy. And I carry myself with military bearing (habit) so I even get the mistakes in casual clothes.

So wanna look like a cop? Trim the gut (optional), get a nice haircut (buzz, flattop or bald) and wear business clothes :)

peterarthur

Over the last couple weeks, I have OCed 24/7 in every store in St. Louis I have gone into: Bass Pro (St. Chuck), Cabellas (HazelHood), every Schnucks, Dierbergs, Shop n Save on Machester, Office Max, O'Reilys, AMC theater, Home Depot, Lowes, and Borders books to name a few. I have not once been asked a single question. A couple of looks, but not a word.

I am a licensed Fugitive Recovery Agent and have a Badge, but I do not display it while in the stores. I carry it in my pocket, just in case. If things get too hairy, I can get out of trouble with it.

I have a cousin who is a bounty hunter. He is a nut!!! lol, what a crazy job! :)

sohighlyunlikely

Oooooooh! We're now capitalizing the word "badge"? I see......It must be a very important badge. I'm sure you included this for those rare few who haven't been blinded by its glare.

You have forfeited the right to any negative comments referring to Doc's chrome firearm. "Steely" appears almost mundane and unremarkable in any side by side comparison with The Badge.

For those missing "Steely's" Chrome glare
SSPX0224.jpg

Preacher Jim

Over the last couple weeks, I have OCed 24/7 in every store in St. Louis I have gone into: Bass Pro (St. Chuck), Cabellas (HazelHood), every Schnucks, Dierbergs, Shop n Save on Machester, Office Max, O'Reilys, AMC theater, Home Depot, Lowes, and Borders books to name a few. I have not once been asked a single question. A couple of looks, but not a word.

I am a licensed Fugitive Recovery Agent and have a Badge, but I do not display it while in the stores. I carry it in my pocket, just in case. If things get too hairy, I can get out of trouble with it.

So are you saying your hiding behind a Badge ?
Can I say hiding?

afcarry

If the sign is there, they don't get my money. screw them, I'm not going to pay them to tell me to leave. That's a great indicator that your supporting someone that has opposing opinions, and they have at least as much political push (if not more) than you.

YuppieDog

My opinions are just that, my opinions.

So are you saying your hiding behind a Badge ?
Can I say hiding?

******These are my personal opinions, not the opinions of others that I associate with. That is my 1st amendment right to say anything I want, not to be infringed upon.******

Sure, unlike some you can say anything you like. This is America.

HIDING ? I think only OCing when it's good for you and there is no chance of getting tasered is really HIDING. Open Carrying 24/7 and everywhere you go is the only way to get ACCEPTANCE and to get the word out there. So, get out of your comfort zone and OC everywhere, get arrested, make a protest, make a statement. Sitting on the bench never got any laws changed.

Oh yeah....Call me when you get arrested, I'll bail you out.

******These are my personal opinions, not the opinions of others that I associate with. That is my 1st amendment right to say anything I want, not to be infringed upon.******

sohighlyunlikely

HIDING ? I think only OCing when it's good for you and there is no chance of getting tasered is really HIDING. Open Carrying 24/7 and everywhere you go is the only way to get ACCEPTANCE and to get the word out there. So, get out of your comfort zone and OC everywhere, get arrested, make a protest, make a statement. Sitting on the bench never got any laws changed.

IF you are OC and wearing the badge. I believe that many see your actions as moot to the Open Carry cause. The sheep that are the general public are conditioned to believe that the man with the badge is a LEO. People already have the mindset that LEO's can carry guns. If Preacher Jim Open Carrys as a "regular citizen" for one hour in the public eye. He creates a bit of awareness to the fact that it is both legal and acceptable for citizens to carry. If you Open Carry all day and are perceived as a LEO than what is seen is just status quo. So can you see my point? I am not saying what you are doing is bad or wrong. I am just saying I don't see it making any headway in regards to Open Carry.

Doc

peterarthur

Give me contact info. I may take you up on the bail if it comes to that :) And I carry 24/7, even at home working on the treehouse in my own backyard. I even flag down cars that look lost in my neighborhood to give them directions (happens more than you think). If they are good people who are lost, they probably think I am a cop being helpful. If they are bad guys, they probably also think I am a cop but either way, they know I am armed and watching. Our neighborhood has zero through traffic so I know every car that belongs here :) and we have a neighborhood watch. And I am not the only armed civilian. It is funny to look at our neighborhood on a crime map. We are a dead spot in the middle of a war zone in Southeast KC. Bad guys avoid us. 2 break ins in 10 years and one got shot to death :) NO other crimes. We have 6 veterans in 15 houses, we all fly flags and 3 of us carry open in the "'hood". Awesome place to be! Now I have to go to HomeDepot on Bannister (with my Glock) for more planking for the treehouse as I have the joists finished... I think they like me there :)

Superlite27

Very well put, Doc.

+1 I agree. One of the main concepts behind Open Carry is to normalize the everyday carry of firearms by the average citizen. I go out of my way to appear as much as a normal average citizen as possible, and I STILL get approached and asked "Are you a police officer?" I want to yell "NO, YA' MORON! CAN'T YOU SEE THE BEARD ON THE FRONT OF MY FACE? WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A COP WITH A BEARD?"....

...but this would not be productive. I'm a man with a mission: Represent OC'ers in a positive manner. Abrasively hurling insults is the antithesis of what I'm all about.

Therefore, knowing full well that the majority of folks who see me ALREADY believe I'm a police officer regardless of my appearance, I've gone to the trouble of wearing shirts with large letters proclaiming I'm an ARMED CITIZEN. Hopefully, this will throw some questions into the heads of those who automatically assume.

The LAST thing I want to do is wear an item (such as a badge!) that REINFORCES their mistaken belief that I'm a sanctioned entity of the state. My entire goal is to bring that mistaken belief out of the general public's "condition white" sheeplike acceptance, and make them question it.

The question I want to hear is not "Are you a police officer?".......

...it is "You mean, I can carry a gun like that?"

goalseter88

i totally agree with doc and superlite. but on a side note though, like a previous person has said, i dont say its wrong to carrying that badge. i mean i much rather him OC with a badge, then him not carrying b/c he not comfortable without the badge. and he did state that he normally hides the badge, so if thats true. they shouldnt even know about the badge. with him hiding it, that even eliminates that issue. i dont think its bad to have something as a back up plan. its kinda like the video recorders.

Last edited:

peterarthur

So if there was a picture take at Creve Coeur Starbucks on 7/31 . Would you have taken the badge off or left it on? I'm just asking.
Sorry been out in Kansas this weekend. Stop at walmart in Raytown, Mo. Went in and bought a can of Starbucks Mocha double shot. Nothing said.

Raytown Walmart on 350? This weekend? :)