• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Redondo Beach Pier Open Carry Walk for Education

Ca Patriot

i thought the police chief said they were going to arrest people at the pier ? did they ever give an answer if its legal or not ?

hgreen

Open holster event

Hi everyone,
There is a lot of back story but the short of it is that the city recently "determined" the pier to be parkland (despite massive evidence to the contrary).
Therefore, to avoid legal battles (unless you want to foot the legal bill) I have recommended that everyone open holster the event and not bring firearms onto the pier.
I've updated details on the website here: http://www.southbayopencarry.org/

Again, its ultimately your personal decision as to whether you open carry, LCC, open holster, or just show up unarmed. I still encourage everyone to come more than ever to educate the public about the failures of gun control and infringements of our rights.

--Harley

Ca Patriot

Lame. I was hoping we would have 50 armed people get arrested and get some REAL media attention and then sue them.

Liberals - 1
Constitution/Freedom - 0

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Therefore, to avoid legal battles (unless you want to foot the legal bill) I have recommended that everyone open holster the event and not bring firearms onto the pier.

Very lame. DEFENSOR more than amply proved that the pier isn't anything special. The mere argument that a wooden structure that people fish from is a parkland is absolutely ridiculous. Parks have trees and grass in them for crying out loud!

hgreen

If someone has money they'd like to spend on legal fees then open carry!

The rest of us will do our best to spread the word how we can within the law (unjust as it is).

Ca Patriot

well wouldnt a better forum be the redondo beach city council meeting ? i mean, if you go to the pier on a summer weekend day the only people you are going to pass out fliers to are foreign tourists and people who dont even speak english.