Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Is there any place you won't OC?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Olympia
    Posts
    539

    Is there any place you won't OC?

    Just wondering if there are any locations you elect NOT to carry when legal to do so and why?

  2. #2
    69Charger
    Guest
    There is NO WHERE that is legal that I will not OC. Only where it is illegal to carry at all. (post office, jail)
    Dave

  3. #3
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368
    My bank because I have had a conversation with the teller that usually helps me and he thought it was illegal. I explained to him that it wasn’t and he said it probably wouldn’t be a good idea but didn’t tell me not to do it.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by bennie1986 View Post
    My bank because I have had a conversation with the teller that usually helps me and he thought it was illegal. I explained to him that it wasn’t and he said it probably wouldn’t be a good idea but didn’t tell me not to do it.
    Only 3: Costco (which I shop at rarely), any mall (which I shop at rarely) and the movie theater (which is also a rarity), all 3 of these locations are know anti self-defense/anti-weapon AND because all 3 of these you need to be on their property for a prolonged period of time... I choose to CC when/if I visit their business.

    I have no problem with OC at my church.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 08-04-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Cleaned up spelling from typing on my Palm
    Live Free or Die!

  5. #5
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    I will not carry when in the bathtub...I do keep my friend close though. Hm, I will OC anywhere that it is legally permitted. I have not been approached and told to cover, but I will, it's inevitable--AHHH it just came to me, Costco...I just cover my sidearm with my shirt.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  6. #6
    Regular Member jt59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central South Sound
    Posts
    1,025

    Ditto

    Anyplace that I am aware of company policy that ban's OC.

    I also wouldn't OC at the 8:30 service at my Church.

    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    only 3: costco (which I shop at rarely), any mall (which I shop at rarely) and the movie theater (which is also a rarety), al 3 of these locations are know anti self-defense/anti-weapon AND beause all 3 of these you need to be on their property for a prrolonged period of time... I choose to CC when/if I visit their business.
    Last edited by jt59; 08-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA, ,
    Posts
    886
    Yup. gogodawgs and jt59 covered it. I'll CC at Costco, any malls, and church. (I don't make it to many theaters.)

    I understand the whole argument about not supporting businesses that do not respect your 2nd amendment rights, so I'm on the look-out for a place that sells Chicken Bakes and is Pro-2A. Haven't found one yet.

    -G20

  8. #8
    Regular Member Sparky508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Graham, , USA
    Posts
    343

    Will Not

    I will not OC in a box
    I will not OC with a fox.

    I will not OC with a goat
    I will not OC with a coat....................wait that'd be CC and off topic for this thread.

    I cannot OC in a bar
    I need a CPL in my car.

    I might OC in Idaho
    but never OC in Costco

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Costco, any place where there are enough people close enough by that I can't maintain comfortable awareness of those around me. Movies. Restaurants where I am not a regular and might have a beer with my meal.

  10. #10
    Regular Member jt59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central South Sound
    Posts
    1,025
    hahahahaha....that's great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky508 View Post
    I will not OC in a box
    I will not OC with a fox.

    I will not OC with a goat
    I will not OC with a coat....................wait that'd be CC and off topic for this thread.

    I cannot OC in a bar
    I need a CPL in my car.

    I might OC in Idaho
    but never OC in Costco

  11. #11
    Regular Member ISRAEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boise, Idaho, United States
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    hahahahaha....that's great!
    I never been inside the Costco store, I do not need any thing from there, but has some one call or write to the main office asking why ?

  12. #12
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    [QUOTE=(I don't make it to many theaters.)

    -G20[/QUOTE]

    I open carried at the privately owned Yelm Cinemas with no problems. There's one theater we can support. Besides they're a dollar less than Regal.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  13. #13
    Regular Member Leatherneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, Washington, USA
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Only 3: Costco (which I shop at rarely), any mall (which I shop at rarely) and the movie theater (which is also a rarity), all 3 of these locations are know anti self-defense/anti-weapon AND because all 3 of these you need to be on their property for a prolonged period of time... I choose to CC when/if I visit their business.

    I have no problem with OC at my church.
    +1
    however, I don't OC at church.

  14. #14
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky508 View Post
    I will not OC with a coat....................wait that'd be CC and off topic for this thread.
    Thats why i have a tac leg holster!

  15. #15
    Regular Member MAndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Olympia, WA, USA
    Posts
    26
    Here are the places I don't open carry:

    - Where it is illegal to do so.
    - While a guest at a residence and the host has asked me to not carry.
    - When submerging in water or any other liquid.

    Other than the above I will always open carry. I don't really bother keeping track of which stores do not permit firearms. I'll just go in and do my business. If they ask me to leave then I'll leave, but so far it hasn't happened. I don't shop at Costco and Regal cinemas has never given me grief over open carrying.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Leatherneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, Washington, USA
    Posts
    281

    Almost forgot

    Work.
    OC wouldn't work so great in the construction trades.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Too close to Olympia...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I open carried at the privately owned Yelm Cinemas with no problems. There's one theater we can support. Besides they're a dollar less than Regal.
    I have OC'd in there a few times with no issues. Perhaps we can meet up somewhere in Yelm one of these days and have an OC chat or the like. I'm not far from there.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Genken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    105
    Work, or when I'm in uniform. But I live off post, and wont even attempt to take my pistol on post. 9 times out of 10, I'll go home, change, grab my pistol, then go run my errands.

    That and places where I can't OC.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by MAndrew View Post
    Here are the places I don't open carry:

    - Where it is illegal to do so.
    - While a guest at a residence and the host has asked me to not carry.
    - When submerging in water or any other liquid.

    Other than the above I will always open carry. I don't really bother keeping track of which stores do not permit firearms. I'll just go in and do my business. If they ask me to leave then I'll leave, but so far it hasn't happened. I don't shop at Costco and Regal cinemas has never given me grief over open carrying.
    what he said + any business that asks me to leave. I just vote with my wallet and go elsewhere. Like or not, they have a right to make the rules on their property; I'll respect it, even if i think they're dumb.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yakima County, ,
    Posts
    506
    Yeah, my own neighborhood.
    I live in a small town overrun by gangs (police estimate up to one thousand 'active' gang members, out of a population of 13k). If they see with a gun, or a laptop, or anything of value, they'll keep an eye on you and break in when they find out where you live. I know of people who carried their laptop to school everyday, and the first day they didn't someone broke in and stole it. It's a way of advertising you have guns in the house (seriously, who here only owns one gun?) so you know that if they see you leave, they know there's somethings in the house they want to get their hands on.
    Otherwise, my dad doesn't like guns, so I don't carry them around him in his house, but that's about it.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South of Disorder in Rouge Canyon, , USA
    Posts
    272
    I do not OC during sex or while in the shower .... does that help ya out ?

  22. #22
    Regular Member Sparky508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Graham, , USA
    Posts
    343

    OC in the shower

    I find it almost impossible not to OC in the shower.

    I tried to CC once............................(shivers)

  23. #23
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Bersa.380 View Post
    I do not OC during sex or while in the shower .... does that help ya out ?
    Don't know about you, but my wife fantasizes about me with nothing but my gun on!
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  24. #24
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Colonel View Post
    I have OC'd in there a few times with no issues. Perhaps we can meet up somewhere in Yelm one of these days and have an OC chat or the like. I'm not far from there.
    That would be great, and maybe go shoot at range 15 afterwards. PM me when you think you'd be free. Maybe Saturday morning?
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  25. #25
    Regular Member jt59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central South Sound
    Posts
    1,025

    Marine

    Quote Originally Posted by Bersa.380 View Post
    I do not OC during sex or while in the shower .... does that help ya out ?
    My Dad used to say "This is my rifle and this is my gun, with my rifle I shoot enemies and with my gun"....well you get it....WWII vet
    Last edited by jt59; 08-05-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •